Chapter 39

August

"C'mon ma."

"Five more minutes please." She said below the pillow.

"Ya said that twenty minutes ago Misty. Its time to get up."

Sighing, I left her and went into the bathroom and ran the water. Coming back into my room, she was still in the same position as I got our clothes ready.

Though it was only half six in the morning, she needed to be up and ate breakfast by a specific time before her surgery.

Turning off the water when I went back into the bathroom, I set it for her and came back. Pulling the covers back, she laid there on her belly naked.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" She waved her arms trying to find the covers.

"Because you have to get up and get ready."

"But I'm sleepy! We just fell asleep not to long ago."

"Oh! Now I see what's up! No wonder ya lah scheming ass was all over me last night."

Shaking my head, I can't believe you used sex to run game on me. She was right, we didn't fall asleep till after two this morning but I just figured she was really arrested.

"Misty I ain't playing with ya! Get up before I wake ya ass up!"

"No!"

" So it's like that huh? Aight!"

Gripping her by her ankles, I pulled her to the edge of the bed as she began to fight me.

"If ya kick me, we gon fight!" I glared at her.

"Put me down!" She wiggles as I held her in my arms.

Heading straight for the bathroom, she gripped onto the door frame as soon as we entered.

"Ya ass to grown to be doing all this fucking antics Misty!"

Once we were in, she saw the tub set and calmed down.

"That's what I thought."

"Whatever." she mumbled.

"Hey? Look at me."

Trying not too, I held her jaw and made her look at me. I knew she was worried about how today was going to turn out but I needed her to be strong.

"Everything is going to be fine. The surgery is going ta be successful and ya recovery is going to be even better."

"But what if -"

"But nothing. You are blessed. You've been blessed and God got you, so does Mel. Just relax and let's do this like we did with Juilliard."

"Game face on?"

"Game face on!" I kissed her.

"Thank you." She smiled.

"Any time. Let me go get breakfast ready."

"Okay."

As she closed her eyes and laid her head back, relaxing, I just smiled and left.

Making my way downstairs, I turned oon a couple lights before I got things going. It was us plus maw and my momma at the house. When she heard Misty was going to be recovering here, she offered to come assist which I was grateful for.

"I didn't expect to see you up?"

Looking over my shoulder, my mother came walking into the kitchen.

"Just getting breakfast ready for Misty. Morning."

"Morning son." She kissed my cheek before walking off.