Dimitri and Rose's deepest secret

Start from the beginning

I stood. Reluctantly pulling my hands out of his once he was also standing. Only to turn around and slowly and sexily pull my singlet off while walking back towards the bed. My hips swayed saucily and I started to sensually push my night shorts down. That was stopped by a lust-filled growl erupting from Dimitri's throat and his hands replacing mine.

"Roza," he moaned in my ear. "Please don't tease me; I don't want to lose our baby simply because we couldn't control ourselves."
"Comrade, our baby's already survived going through hell and back," I said with a sultry tone. I could feel he wanted it as much as I did. I spun in his arms and looped my arms around his neck, his encircled my waist after pulling my shorts back up.
"Please, Roza... no," my god was begging me.

He almost never begged. If it weren't for the fact I could feel his struggle with how much he wanted me, I would have thought he was going back to avoiding me.

"Simple snuggles?" I tried to negotiate with a pout and puppy eyes.
"That I will more than happily agree to," he said with a relaxed smile.

Dimitri released me long enough for me to pull my singlet back on. Once it was returned to my body, I returned to bed. This time Dimitri snuggled with me under the covers. We soon fell back to sleep. Or, at least, I know I did. The last thing I registered was Dimitri still gazing at me lovingly while gently rubbing our baby's tiny bump.

DPOV
I couldn't believe it. The love I felt for this amazing young woman was overwhelming. I loved Roza and our impossible baby, the one who'd survived despite the odds. Roza never looked so peaceful or beautiful than she did now, sound asleep.

I knew it was wrong to even innocently sleep with her, to have her in my arms like I did, since she was with Adrian Ivashkov. But just like at the Academy, even though I knew it was wrong to have her and to be with her, it felt so right. What my head and one set of morals said was wrong, my heart and its set of morals told me otherwise. And this time I was following and listening to my heart. I had been made for Rose Hathaway, to love her, and to be the father of her impossible baby.

I fell asleep minutes after my baby's mother did. Both of us remained entwined.

A knock sounded on the door seconds before a person let themselves in. Rose and I snapped awake and to attention, Rose reaching for her stake from under her pillow. It was only one of my guardians. Yuk! I hate having my own fleet thanks to society's distrust, but I understand and try not to let it bother me.
"Guardian Rose Hathaway," laughed the guardian while trying not to stare at the beauty in my arms. She had a figure to die for-I'm serious and nearly literal, nearly-every Moroi and dhampir girl would want to have her body, while most young men (Moroi and dhampir) want to run their hands and lips over it. And this young guardian was no exception, clearly. "No need for dramatics."
"Spit it out, Travis," Roza sighed.
"Belikov has ten minutes to get to church," he reminded her. Yup, definitely not trusted or a wanted sight around here. I couldn't blame society though.
"He's right here, Travis," she turned to me to continue, "it won't take me long to get ready." She threw her man eater smile my way. She almost never pulled that flirting card on me, it wasn't needed and it used to be too dangerous to. "Hold this while I change," she handed me her stake.
The guardian scowled, "Rose, you do realise Belikov here shouldn't come into contact with the weapon, don't you?"
"And I don't give a shit. He's not being left defenceless. Plus, there's something vital he needs to see."
"Just change, Roza... and leave the guardian alone," I sighed in amusement. The guardian promptly shut the door. I looked the stake over to see it was her graduation stake, not the one I sent her, not the one she'd tried to kill me with.

"You're bloody lucky that didn't come out in teacher tone, Comrade!" Roza teased while rolling out of bed. "I'm your equal now, not your student."
"Oh, Roza. You've always been my equal. I couldn't have fallen for you if I saw you as anything less." She dropped the top she'd been about to put on. I growled into a pillow after the sight of her burning beauty, her goodness and passion that radiated through her looks.
"T-teacher t-tone was a façade?" she asked while picking her shirt up and putting it on.
"Just the tone?" I questioned in response while she kept hurriedly dressing. Including another stake- one I assumed to be the one from Russia. A freshly graduated guardian never had two stakes, except Rose.
"The whole thing? Everything that indicated you were my superior was a façade?" she asked in stunned disbelief.
"Why on earth do you think that charm worked? Why do you think I even took you on in the first place? Why do you think I wanted to make sure you became Vasilisa's guardian, my guarding partner?"
"I... wow. It's just, with the way, you know..." she trailed off before pulling me from the bed and toward the door. I slipped her graduation stake into the specialised pocket in my pants.
"Roza, I couldn't and can't not see you as my equal. Oh, one thing," I paused before we opened the door. "What are we going to do about...?" I rubbed our baby's bump yet again.
"Why do you think I'm going to church with you? I may have found my Russian god here in the States, but I found God in Russia. I need the two together to figure out what to do."
"Y-you what?" I spluttered out, taken completely off guard.
"I found god when escaping Galina."
"You can say it, Roza. You can say when escaping me." I'd come to forgive myself for what I had had to do to exist, and what I did to the love of my life, the second I figured out she was pregnant with our child.
"It wasn't you, Comrade. We both know it was your body playing host to a demon, not you," Roza stated softly. My heart swelled with the tender tone.
"You'll be an amazing mother, Roza," I sighed as I stepped out the door. We beelined and hightailed it to church. "I saw the way you were with that Moroi child. You will make an amazing mother." She sent me a disbelieving sidelong look. "You really will," I reiterated softly, just before we stepped inside the church.