Rose & Dimitri Blood Bond during the Cabin scene

Part 5.1
RPOV
Whilst hyperaware of Dimitri's meeting with Mom, I search Alberta out in her office to give her the information from Mason.

"And you're certain what you're seeing is real?"

She's giving me that look. The one that says she still doesn't believe in the possibility but she'll play along for now—if she has a hope to rescue the Moroi and dhampir carried away, taking out more Strigoi in the process and not losing too many extra Guardians doing so, she's going to look into it. This is her school, after all, and they're all her charges.
As I continue, I can see it deep in her eyes, the set of her face, her posture; she's absolutely furious at the Strigoi. She too is surprisingly as pissed off with the policies and protocol that dictate we should not go searching the Strigoi out, rescuing the stolen, as Dimitri and I are. She too wants revenge.
If she can justify the benefit is worth the risk, she will launch a rescue effort with or without the Guardian Council's approval—and definitely without bothering with the Moroi Royal Council who'd either straight up refuse or take potentially weeks to grudgingly approve.

"Dimitri and I share each other's mind; he's as certain as I am. I really can contact and see ghosts. And Mason is trying to help. He always has been. Please take a look at the maps, Alberta, even if you don't believe I'm seeing ghosts, the proof is in those maps that there's really nowhere else they could be." I take a breath before hesitantly continuing. "I got the feeling that there are easily the same number of Strigoi back in those caves as there were that attacked in the first place, maybe more. Mason's expression just gave off those kind of vibes."
Alberta's stoic expression completely dissolves just long enough for her grief and anger to blatantly show before she nods sharply, snapping her mask back into place. "No promises, Hathaway, but I will look into it. We're all furious that society has been so sidetracked that none of us thought to consider our schools would be more vulnerable than ever if they went back to their old ways, yet got more organized still."
"Thank you, Alberta."
She smiles a wan, sad smile. "Go get something to eat and have a rest. If something happens, you're going to need all the strength you've got—you're going to be playing a vital role, and I'm sorry to put such demands on you before graduation. Anyone else from your class I wouldn't think twice about leaving them outside, but you..." Alberta shakes her head, her sad smile still in place, "we need you; you're one of the strongest we have and we cannot passover that fact just because you're a still-underage Novice."
"Okay." I can't really say anything else. Her acknowledgment of my skills causes pride to swell up inside of me despite the grim circumstances and cause for her telling me so.
In any other situation, I'd be arrogant and tell Alberta that Dimitri and I knew it all along. But right now, it's just humbling to hear. Especially considering the grilling Mom gave me and the FBI, CIA, SS, and MI5 combined intensity level interrogation she is in the middle of subjecting Dimitri to right now.

Too lazy to attempt getting something from the student cafeteria, I head straight to the closest food source—the Guardian break room. I really shouldn't, but I do anyway. Besides, it's busier than normal with the Guardians coming and going everywhere in organized chaos, so I'm sure Alberta has at least one person in charge of keeping it stocked—it doesn't make sense for her to not have someone ensuring there's always ample food there right now.

Sure enough, I'm proved right when I walk in. There's Guardians everywhere—three walk out with food and coffee the second I've cleared the door and another two walk in before I can take a step towards the food tables or drinks bench, both of which are fully-stocked and crowded around. I can't not notice that someone has set up a second urn and two electric kettles on the drinks bench, all of which are in high demand.

Thankfully, no one tells me to 'get out', or anything along those lines. Almost no one notices me. But one who does is one I have little to do with generally, Alan, from the lower campus and the one Mia used compulsion on back at the ski lodge.
He waves me over to where he stands at the first of three food tables, handing me a plate once I'm at his side.
"Rose," he smiles. It's a genuine smile, happy to see me and completely fine with me assuming it'll be okay for me to pinch some of their food. That said, the grief of the recent events is as present in his eyes as it is in everyone else's.
"Alan." I'm thankful he doesn't tell me off for not addressing him as I should. I can't remember everyone's surnames! Besides he did the same, he'd be a hypocrite for reprimanding me but doing the exact same thing.
"You have to try the mini sausage rolls, ham and cheese triangle mini sandwiches, and chocolate slices!"
Shrugging, I grab two of each, for once not caring about what's on offer. It's food. I'm hungry. And I'm highly aware that I cannot depend on Dimitri's blood alone to keep me at full strength—with what's hopefully going to happen later, I need to eat even more than I normally would so my standard dhampir metabolism is not lacking fuel; so that the bond is working as it should, enhancing us not just sustaining us.