He Confronts Her First (Part 2)

RPOV
I cannot believe what I have agreed to... what I've allowed, practically even BEGGED, Dimitri to sacrifice for me. He's become my lifeline—in every sense of the word.
When he first told me, I couldn't wrap my mind around how disturbing the idea was. I could understand why it had been so well hidden in the restricted archives. But the more I mused... the kinkier it became... and the kinkier it became... the more intrigued I got... and then I couldn't say no. If he loved me enough to offer me this, to willingly sacrifice himself in such a way to save me, then I couldn't refuse his offer of help. Though he was the only one I'd accept help from... and if the histories were correct, he was the only one who could help me at all.

The first night, I—we—weren't sure how it would happen, how to bring it about. We locked ourselves in my dorm—I had the whole floor to myself, after all. I submitted myself to him... every bit of myself became his. I embraced him making my decisions for me, removing my need, will, or want to think and just let myself be guided by him, entrusted everything that I am, to him. He was kind and gentle and oh so loving, but brooked no defiance, no argument.
He started to mark me as his—giving me a love bite... and as he did, with his mouth at my sweet spot not far from where Lissa has once fed from me, I felt his nibbling change. His eye teeth sharpened by the second and he groaned and growled gutturally, one of his Moroi genes unlocking purely for me as he punctured my soft skin, gently but desperately, lustfully lapping up my lifeblood—pushing his need for me deeper inside my willing, aching, needy, greedy warmth, his length thickening and twitching all the while. My moans were utterly uncontrollable, uncontainable, primeval. We came together for the third time that night as he licked closed my wound, my head spun. I was more euphoric than I had ever been before. I needed more. And when my beloved maneuvered us so I was resting against his throat—my lips caressing one of his precious pulse points—I felt the change, which had arisen in him, awaken in me. My mouth watered at the mere thought of being so close to him—my other half, my soulmate. My body was so desperate to taste him, it didn't even bother with sexual preamble. Dimitri's responded in kind. No foreplay required. One once more in body, almost immediately at the tipping point, my sharper eye teeth broke my devoted's skin and I reveled in the glory that was Dimitri's blood. No one else would ever compare—on any level! I was his and he was mine, all mine!

Though warned, I was not prepared for just how much my body would need his after our initial coupling that night. Through our newly formed link, I was well aware that he also was unprepared for the power of the bond we had forged... how much more needy he was for me—my body, blood, being, and presence.
He couldn't stay away for very long at all.
On the first day, we found our way into a disused janitor's closet by the end of my second class for the day... and again between my fifth and sixth. And they had purely been for quickies—no blood exchanged.

Three days after we initiated the bond, Dimitri used it to become my Dom during lunch. So, as directed, I found my way to the lounge where he'd first seen me semi-naked. And he hadn't been the one to remove my offensive-to-us-both clothing. Clearly, he intended to put that right. And boy! Did we both have fun doing so. He was creative and explorative and just so goddamn sexy, submitting to him was such a delight... especially when we fed—together.

It was right. Being together was right. Being bonded by blood was right... so, so right that I couldn't understand how I'd ever hesitated to form this bond with Dimitri—MY Dimitri!

Soon enough, Dimitri was pulling me out of class so we could feed—both appetites neither of us were willing to deny or suppress for too long.
Then the attack happened, and the rescue mission. If it hadn't been for our bond leaving us physically unable to part in the stress of our final moments in the cave, Dimitri would have been killed... or worse.
We weren't apart for a second after that. And even in the cleanup and aftermath, no one could ignore how clingy we'd become to the other. Of course, feeding daily and sexing it up even more frequently any chance we got probably didn't aid our case.

The first chance we got on my birthday, we bolted from the Academy. Dimitri had taken his accumulated owing paid leave, with fair warning that after that time had ended, he may hand in his permanent resignation. I was left arguing with Kirova over my own withdrawal paperwork. She threatened to contact my mother. I simply told her, not only was I now officially an adult allowed to make my own decisions, I did not have a mother. At least, I most certainly did not have one capable of or willing to understand the situation I was in.

I met Dimitri just outside the gates. Feeling free for the first time in what seemed a very long time. To my delight, he had an Academy car in his jurisdiction. And my future in his capable and loving heart and hands. Sure enough, within hours, we were in Vegas and exchanging rings and vows—the first essential stop of many, Dimitri assured me. I had no complaints. He'd asked me soon after Spokane and I'd unhesitatingly agreed. It felt brilliant to finally be married to the only man I ever needed in my life. To be his wife was more amazing than I ever could have predicted or anticipated. It was exactly what I needed... except for our bond, the lifeblood bond.