Post Ruby Circle; Rose and Dimitri's future

RPOV
"No."
I stared into Dimitri's brown eyes and returned his resolution. "Yes."
"I'm not budging, Rose. Absolutely not."
I leaned across the table and dropped the tone of my voice to a seductive whisper. "I'm the one scared of them, and I still say yes. You're not the only one who can remain resolute."
The tension in Dimitri's body shifted. He wriggled, fighting off the sexual tension I had just created. "It's still no, Rose."
"My best friend is queen, Comrade... or had you forgotten?" I purred and hopped over our small kitchen table and slid onto his lap. "I say yes." My hands slipped under Dimitri's tee and started lifting it. His breathing became fractionally more difficult. "We have immunity. I. Say. Yes." Once he was shirtless, I had access to the parts of him that I knew how to work with so he was so teased he caved into my desires.
"You are so stubborn, Roza!" he breathed while I attacked his torso with kisses and the gentle grazing of my fingertips ghosting over his defined muscles.
"And you can be so blind."
"It's still no, Roza. We're not the only ones a yes causes issues for. So no."
I groaned and roughly pushed myself off him. I forced myself to walk not run to the bedroom and grabbed a bag of my stuff. "I'm going to guest housing." I knew Dimitri would hear me even if he weren't following me in confusion.
"Rose..."
I shook my head and threw a couple of shirts and jeans in my bag. "I will only ever consider this with you; I would only ever want this with you. I DO only want this with you. My yes on this is as resolute as my wait on getting married." I added toiletries to my overnight bag. This wasn't the first time this argument had us spending a couple of nights apart. But it was the first time it had done it since we had officially moved in together at Court.

Dimitri wanted to move out into a house halfway between Court gates and Lehigh, as did I, but I wouldn't leave my Palace apartment unless we had at least gotten married, preferably I wanted to be pregnant before we lived apart from Lissa. She and Christian had no clear timeline for marriage and children yet, but I suspected one or the other would happen very soon. I did not want witnessing that to cause more friction that could pose a risk to my engagement.

I despised it when Dimitri and I fought, especially when he was being unreasonable. I liked spending a night apart because of a fight as much as I liked the fight in the first place. I loathed it.

I was barely twenty-one, but I had finally wrapped my head around wanting everything with Dimitri that he wanted. He thought I was blowing-off his concerns about rounding out my stomach with a baby, but I wasn't. I'd known for nearly four years that he wanted a family. For the last eighteen months I had especially known how much he wanted one with me. But for the last seventeen months I felt as though Dimitri wasn't taking my position on the issue seriously. I think he believed I was just humouring him. God knows I have almost zero parenting and child-rearing skills, and that that makes me scared of the little monsters. I knew what having Dimitri's baby could mean for everyone in my expansive friendship group... especially for my godson. I knew what risks society posed towards a child of mine and Dimitri's; the same as the threats Declan faced if his true identity was known publicly. I took that seriously into account. Even if Dimitri thought I didn't.

After a restless night and a very awkward and long morning shift, Dimitri and I finally had enough and sat down to lunch in a Palace exclusive eatery. Lissa let me run up a massive bill there because she hated when I didn't take what she considered enough food breaks. She tried to convince Dimitri to eat here too, but he'd just as readily eat Christian's cooking while he was on shift. He didn't.

"Roza..." Dimitri's warm brown eyes gazed lovingly at me from across the cozy round table, though they betrayed he'd had as much quality sleep last night as I did.
"Comrade."
Dimitri's hands found mine and he clasped them on top of the table. "I'm sorry, Rose. I didn't mean to drive you away last night. It's just... it's nearly unconscionable to... to bring someone into our world when... well, you know... knowing they will be subjected to testing and will be treated as a lab rat." Dimitri sighed.