A birthday to remember 2

RPOV
Today marked my fantastic, and famous, fiancé's twenty-fifth birthday. He was a quarter of a century old, and I'd make this day as special for him as possible. I didn't doubt he'd try to ignore it, forget it even, but I refused to let him.

I walked into training in the morning and the fun began.
"Happy birthday, Comrade!" I squealed as I pounced up onto his waist. "It's going to be absolutely perfect, even if it kills me in the process!" I giggled and crashed my lips down on his before he could respond with a whinge.
His response to the kiss was deepening it and pushing me up against one of the walls. "It already is perfect, Roza," my man breathed against my lips when we pulled back for air.
"Oh? Care to elaborate?"
"Because you're here, because you remembered and because you reminded me."
"You actually forgot?" I giggled. "You seriously didn't pay attention to your quarter-century milestone but spoiled me on my eighteenth? Un believable." I grinned and reinitiated the kiss. I loved that man with all my being. Always had and always would.
"I love you, my dearest fiancé," he smiled and sighed against my lips.
"I love you. Enough said." This time he initiated the kiss.

It had been weeks since he'd proposed on my birthday, and it was still surreal I'd accepted at barely eighteen. It was something I hadn't thought about until that point. In my opinion, marriage as a teen was daunting and out-there, but I did want to be his in every way possible. Love between two dhampirs was rare. Rarer still was both being, and determined to stay, guardians- to find the perfect balance. We'd do it, we'd defeat stereotypes. I was still wearing the ring, it never left my left hand. It was for cover's sake that I'd moved it to my middle finger the morning after, but I refused to remove it. I'd said 'yes' and I meant it. My mother was going to kill me, and Dimitri.

"Consider training canceled," whispered Dimitri into my ear then carried me the teacher's showers and layers peeled themselves off. We lucked out and didn't get caught.