Choice: Part 4

RPOV
"Is it true?" I demanded when I passed Dimitri on the jet to the ski lodge.
"What?" Dimitri sent me a look that was a combination of perplexity and confusion.
"Are. You. Leaving?" I bit out. I could not afford to cry. Too many people already knew. I so badly wanted to give into crying all over again. "Are. You. Abandoning. Us?"
"No, Rose." He gestured for me to sit before whispering in my ear. "You should know I would never- that I couldn't ever."
"But-?"
"No buts, Rose," Dimitri slipped back into mentor role. And goddamn it was Hot! My hormones are all out of whack. I hate authority!

I spotted Tasha and nodded at her while standing. "He's all yours."
"Rose!" warned Dimitri.
"Later, Comrade."
Tasha looked between me and Dimitri in confusion.

DPOV
I wanted to punch whoever it was that told Rose about Tasha's offer. Who did they think they were! She's MY student, MY girlfriend, MY other half! They had no right to disclose that.
I didn't tell her, because I'd already turned Tasha down- awkwardly, I should note; I already had a baby on the way with the woman my heart had been stolen by. How could could Rose possibly believe I would leave her and our baby to have children with another woman? Why would I intentionally leave her while pregnant to start a half family? It was ludicrous.

"It's still a no, isn't it, Dimka?" murmured Tasha.
"I'm sorry, Tasha. It's not fair on you to pretend I feel anything more than friendship for you." I looked her in the eyes and her ice blue ones started glistening again.
"Is-" her voice wavered and she swallowed it back, "is there someone else? Don't lie to me, Dimitri, because I think I know who."
I tensed. She couldn't know. How would she figure it out?
She laughed once without humour. "I thought so. I don't know why you'd sink so low when-"
"Don't say it. Just... don't." I would protect Rose's secret- our secret- for as long as possible.
"You need to face the truth, Dimitri."
"You don't know the truth," I growled. I wouldn't normally react so sharply, but this was My BABY she was claiming isn't.