Mind boggling match

RPOV

"What?!" I screeched. It couldn't be true.

"Rose. The blood tests don't lie." The doctor sighed.

"But. I've only been with a dhampir. It just isn't possible."

"Rose. God knows what Lissa had to heal two years ago, I didn't bother to test that- it was irrelevant and I didn't know just what had happened."

"Ugh. You have a point. Call Dimitri in, he needs to know. This is going to undo all his awesome training." I sighed.

"Rose? He's the dad is he? I ran DNA tests and he came up as the paternal match." My face must have confirmed it. "Really Rose? How on earth did you manage that?"

"I really don't know. I didn't get a say and neither did he. Bloody higher powers."

She chuckled. "You make an interesting match."

"Just call him. I'm late enough for training as is and he won't believe me without an authority or evidence." I had eventually gotten him used to the ghosts and Strigoi sixth-sense but I wanted, needed, him to believe this immediately.

"Of course." She pulled out her phone and, interestingly enough, put it on loudspeaker.

"Belikov." He picked up and I chuckled at the boring as, formulaic greeting. "Rose? Is that you I can hear?"

"Yes comrade."

"Where are you?"

"Did you not check CID?"

"Nope."

"I thought so. It's Dr Olendzki who called. I'm in the clinic and we need to talk to you." I heard the gym door clanging shut on 'Dr Olendzki'.

"I'm on my way."

"So I heard. You do know how loud that gym door is." I laughed.

"Rose." He warned. He walked in the clinic and spotted me, practically running at me with face full of worry. "What's with the grin?" He was wary and I didn't blame him because I hated the clinic.

I was excited, I'd finally accepted what was happening and knew he'd be ecstatic when he accepted the possibility. "Hey Daddy!"

"Rose!" He snapped and looked pointedly and the doctor.

I just laughed. "She knows- ran a DNA test and you came up as the paternal match."

He paled and turned to her. She chuckled. "I'm not reporting you. No one would believe it."

He sighed in relief and some colour returned to his face. He turned to face me. "Mommy?"

I nodded and grinned. "Yes Daddy. It's possible- god knows what Lissa needed to heal in the crash."

He engulfed me in a hug and kissed my forehead, nose, cheeks, then pecked my lips.

"I love you" he whispered in my ear.

"I love you more."

"Talk about cute." The Dr interrupted our moment but Dimitri didn't release his hold on me. "I don't know how no one suspects- in retrospect it's kinda obvious, maybe too obvious. It's sorta like, hmmm, you can see it but your mind refuses to process or take note of it because your reputations precede you. No one's looking for it because you're not expecting to find it, it just doesn't seem possible. Certainly an interesting match."

"Seriously? We're that obvious?"

"Yes. But as I said no one's looking to find it, the idea likely hasn't crossed anyone's mind because it seems impossible thanks to your reputations. You could be all over each other and people would refuse to see it, you two as a pair boggle's the mind."