Make or break?

RPOV
No! No, no, no! It couldn't be true. It just couldn't! I couldn't believe it. It just was not happening. I swear to god, that Dimitri was the only one. And yet, here I was. One little sign was going to turn my life upside down and inside out. This just could not be happening! I wasn't ready. I was still in college for god's sake!

Dropping the test back in the sink, I ran out of my room. I didn't know where I was headed until I saw the chocolate glazed donuts calling to me. I bought two and sat at a table with them, waiting for the smoothie I'd ordered to come.

"Kiz?" asked Dad as he sat opposite me.
"Hi, Dad," I said with my head down. I felt incredibly guilty though I had no idea why. I had no reason to feel guilty, either, I'd done nothing wrong.
"You look as pale and as delicate as a sheet of tissue paper. What's up, baby girl?"
I slowly lifted my eyes to his. "Daddy, I..."

DPOV
"Rose!" I called when I stepped in the door of our apartment. Christian had made sure today had been busy. So busy in fact he himself had hardly sat down. "Roza!" I called again after hanging my duster up and receiving no response. So, I checked the kitchen where I often found her when our shifts were timed as they were today. Nothing. I checked our bedroom. Again, not there. The lounge and every other space was empty. She wasn't there and now I was worrying more than I ever had.

Then I saw it. The long white plastic stick in the sink. I picked it up. My heart sank. Positive. "Damn it, Rosemarie!" She hadn't even had the decency to tell me she wanted a baby! Scrap that, she'd repeatedly told me she was glad we couldn't have kids. It had been a stab to the heart every time, but I'd willingly accepted that to be with her, the one I simply couldn't live without, it was worth sacrificing children. Now I didn't know what to do. She didn't even have the guts to face me, to tell me herself. And to think I was planning on proposing to her this weekend. I didn't know whether to curl up in a ball and cry, or to walk out and walk away ... at least for now. I just wanted to know why. Why had she done this? It'd been four years since we'd met in Portland, she's gone to the ends of the earth to find me and restore me, we'd been on the run, found Lissa's lost sister, hidden Jill for a good year, and protected the queen from Moroi, Strigoi, and even humans. I had searched her out when she'd been kidnapped and tortured by Strigoi, and by humans. We'd fought over the controversy of us getting married, and I had even asked Abe and Janine for permission. So why on earth was this test here in the first goddamn place, let alone positive?! Why. That was all I wanted, for her to be here to tell me that and why.

In the end, I walked out the door. Slamming it behind me. Running away from it. And ending up in the gym. Rosemarie Hathaway infuriated me sometimes (especially when she tuned into her Mazur side), yet I couldn't stand being apart from her for too long. I couldn't stay furious at her no matter the cause.
I hated fighting with her, I always had, and I hated being on rocky ground with her. But I was addicted to her and would fight to be with her, to be hers as long as she wanted me. And now I wasn't so sure she did. As soon as I finished the thought I mentally laughed in an unhinged way-a way only a fight with her could bring about-as I realised she'd find me or I'd find her, she'd explain using her mobster logic, we'd argue and then she'd reassure me she'd been made for me and I'd be left feeling like and idiot and a bastard for ever doubting her.
We may have a tendency to fight like husband and wife (and many Moroi joked good-naturedly we were) but it was because, as guardians, we had been through so much more than other couples could imagine. In the end, it all brought us closer together. It seemed illogical, yet it happened. And as frequently as we argued, I never, I mean absolutely NEVER, laid a hand on her; it was physically and emotionally impossible for me to touch her when I was furious with her. If she ever attempted to punch me I'd simply evade it then run out the door, knowing she'd never cool down if I didn't leave then.