A different start to 'A Different Frostbite'

DPOV

Wow. I knew she could do it! Rose had just past her qualifier with flying colours- and then some.

'Her experience in the real world, the world beyond an academy's gates, the speed at which she has learned what she missed, her potential to excel- especially with Belikov, and her outstanding and model dedication and sacrifice for her Moroi go above and beyond all others make her the perfect candidate for an accelerated graduation. She needs to be in the ranks as soon as possible.'

He was recommending an early graduation- something that never happened, usually because it wasn't Art Schoenberg making the recommendation. He was hard to impress and she had made it to a level in his esteem even I didn't hold. He adored her and she highly respected him. No one would argue his recommendation to graduate her early- it now meant that I had to increase her hours again.

I wanted to discuss it with her, celebrate it with her. I shouldn't, it wasn't right- she was my student and that should be it but she held a place in my heart and soul that was irrevocable. It hurt to try and do what others said was right. My heart screamed for her, screamed at me it was right, oh so right to be hers, to be with her.

Oh screw it! This was too impressive to keep from her. I pulled my phone out. I couldn't believe I was about to encourage her bad behaviour, to give her the satisfaction of my self-control crumbling into nonexistence. I pressed the call button.

"Dimitri? What's wrong? You never call at this hour." She was concerned but clearly excited by the late night call.

"I know, I know. I'm supposed to be the responsible one out of us but, I have your qualifier results and report. You think you can sneak out? And in?"

"Duh! Have some faith comrade!" She laughed.

"Then do it Roza!"

"I'm on my way!"

We disconnected. Good god, the woman would be the death of me, but she was worth it- I loved her to bits and I couldn't deny it anymore.

There was a soft knock on the door, she was fast, and good. I hurriedly let her in.

"Roza." I shut and relocked the door, trapping her against it. "You are amazing." I breathed.

"Com-" I smothered the rest of that word with a kiss, catching her completely off guard and rendering her speechless- an extremely hard thing to do.

"I love you, my Roza." I said after we'd pulled back to breathe.

"I love you too Dimitri."

"Come here. You might want to see this." I pulled her to the bed and positioned her so she was wrapped in my legs. I handed her the results and report I hadn't stopped reading in every spare minute since I'd received it.

"He holds you in higher regard than he does me." I spoke against her collarbone.

She shivered at the sensation. "How is that possible?"

"How is it possible I adore you milaya?" I answered her question with a question and I knew she hated it but it usually drove home a point quicker.

"You have no choice Dimitri- you're my soul-mate." I shoulda seen that response coming and it made my heart skip a beat, made my breath catch. Damn her! Now I was the speechless one, my hands stopped their tracing her stomach and my lips froze on the nape of her neck.

"Do, you, have, any clue, what you do to me Roza?" I spoke against her neck.

"I think I have an idea."

I slowly unfroze. My hands gripped the bottom of her shirt and slowly pulled it up. She dropped the report and her shirt came off. She picked the report up and continued reading while I continued to study her body.

"What!" She silently screeched.

"Where are you up to milaya?"

"The, the, the 'move her graduation up' part."

I chuckled softly at her stammering and shock- it was adorable. She was adorable. "I thought you would like that."

"Like it? I hate it." What!

"Why?"

"It means I have to rush all the normal subjects too." She grimaced.

"Oh. I'd forgotten you hate math and history. Think of it this way- it'll be over quicker, you can then focus on what you really want to." Me.

"You." I knew it!

"Roza." I groaned. "I meant combat."

"No, you actually didn't comrade and you know it." She chuckled.

"Screw you." I laughed back.

"You of-" I didn't let her finish that.

"Shut up Roza." I grabbed her report and chucked it off the bed before manoeuvring so I was now in front of her. I leaned in and kissed her.

RPOV

He laid me back on the bed kissing me passionately. What were we doing? What had made him lose his control? When we pulled back to breathe I ripped his shirt off and pulled him back to me. God, I loved him, so much it hurt. Our hands explored every inch of each other's body. His lips trailed down my neck, covering every inch of my chest before dropping down to my stomach and right down to the top of my pants. He was asking permission and I happily gave it to him. He'd seen me completely naked under the lust charm and I was just as comfortable with him without it. They came off. I eventually got his off. His hands traced the edge of my bra before ripping it off. My undies followed as did his.

"My most important lesson Roza- never hesitate."

"Then don't." That did it. Unfinished business after the charm came to a close. We have up the fight. I gave him my everything and he gave me his. My innocence was now long gone and he held it- he was my soul-mate and I wouldn't have anyone else hold my innocence, my virtue, my heart and soul.

"I love you Roza." Did he seriously have no clue what that name did to me?

"I love you too Dimitri. More than food- and that's saying something." He'd long since known my legendary appetite.

"Good. I'm glad." He chuckled.

His phone rang just then. Ugh. Worst. Timing. Ever!

"Belikov!" He snapped at whoever it was that caused the interruption. Not that they'd know what they'd interrupted except a normal person's sleep.

DPOV

"Belikov?" Guardian Petrov was on the other end. Uh oh! "Did I interrupt something even remotely Rose related?" She seemed slightly amused. Very Rose related.

"No."

This time she just outright laughed. "With that qualifier how could she not be with you right now?" Were we that obvious?

"About that qualifier. I need to increase her hours if she's to graduate early."

"That you do. I've already sorted it out- she's going to be with you twenty-four/seven. I've talked to Kirova and Rose moves in with you tomorrow." What?

"But?"

"No arguments. She'll need you to help her with accelerating her normal classes too. Her curfew has been removed to accommodate the extra hours."

"Oh boy."

"You'll survive. You're the only one who could do it. You're the only one she respects enough." Respects? Occasionally. Loves? No matter what.

I sighed. "That's not the only reason you called is it?"