39. The Game is On

A/n: Exams suck!!

Ooooh and are you all team Peeta or team Gale?
_______________________________________
------------------------------------------------------------

"SHE DID WHAT?"

"She ran away to the Capitol. More specifically, to the front lines."

A groan left my lips as I resisted the urge to face-palm. "Why does she have a death wish?"

"Well, what are we supposed to do now?" Finnick asked Coin, annoyed. After the celebrations had ended, Finnick and Annie were assigned to a separate cabin. A few days went by where all was happy and well before Coin called for an emergency meeting. When Finn walked into the conference room late, the light flush on his face and the glow that radiated off him was enough for anyone to come to a conclusion. "Oh piss off, the both of you!" He exclaimed, embarrassed, when Newt and I teased him about it. Coin called us all to her office to inform us that Katniss had sneaked out of 13, got onto a hovercraft which was transporting medical supplies to the soldiers at the front lines, with a mission to kill Snow at the Capitol.

We were watching the footage that was broadcasted from the Capitol where Katniss Everdeen stood amongst the soldiers, including Gale Hawthorne, as the people around her raised three fingers in the air, a symbol of rebellion.

"What is she doing?" Coin muttered under her breath.

"I don't know, it's so frustrating when she goes rogue." Pluratch replied, a hint of a smirk on his face.

"This isn't just adolescent, this is insubordination."

"Put her on the first hovercraft back." He shrugged.

"Don't be ridiculous, she can't come back now. She's mythic."

"At the frontlines, surviving a gunshot wound. Couldn't have staged it better myself."

"I know. She is going to stay where she is. And whatever she's doing, we conceived it. It was our plan all along."

I looked at Newt with raised eyebrows. Was she that desperate for credit?

On the huge screen, we saw Commander Paylor greet Katniss and welcome her into their troops, Katniss putting on a brave smile for the cameras to see.

Newt let out a sigh. "This could have many endings and most of it are not happy ones."

"If there is nothing else," Finnick turned to Coin "I'd like to go back and spend time with my wife."

"Actually, Mr. Odair, we may have other plans for you. And for Miss (l/n), too." Plutarch spoke up.

"What plans?" I questioned, pointedly.

"We are going to have to put you on the next flight to the Capitol. The filming crew will be going along with you. We will need to film the entire story Katniss is trying to write and we are going to need more popular faces along with her in that story."

Enraged at Coin's words, I nearly yelled, "You've got to be kidding me! Finnick just got married! Give him a break!"

"The war does not have breaks, Miss (l/n). I'm sorry that Mr. Odair has to cut short his honeymoon plans but we have to look at the bigger picture here."

I bit the inside of my cheek, trying to control the anger, knowing there was no point in arguing with them.

"Am I going along with them?" Newt asked.

"Unfortunately not. We will need you here, Newt." Plutarch replied. "Your specializations lay here with Beetee, we will send you to the battlefield only if necessary."