ODDS

Epigraph •

In a cruel world. Under the rule of a tyrant.

Family is the only thing worth dying for.

But he seemed to be the only thing worth fighting for.

When one is forcibly put into an Arena, where you fight to death for the entertainment of others, you must find your anchor, one that holds you to the ground, keeping you from losing your mind to a dark abyss. Because taking a life makes you lose a part of your soul.

But that's only the least of your worries.
Because in the Games, no one is exempted from being a Prey.

From being killed.

A common goal? To survive.
Everyone wants to get out alive.
But there's only one winner.

And the odds are never in your favour.

Warnings

The story follows the plot of the hunger games series, so do expect descriptive violence, fight scenes, deaths, blood and war. If you've already read the books or watched the movies, you'll know what you're in for.

Character Aesthetics

• Character Aesthetics •

Newt

*

Finnick Odair

Finnick Odair

*

Johanna Mason

Johanna Mason

*

Annie Cresta

Annie Cresta

*****

Author's Note

[Please read :) ]

Welcome to a bizarre cross-over between the world of The Hunger Games and The Maze Runner.

Alrighty, this is gonna be fun.

I started this story when I was 14. A literal baby with no experience in writing whatsoever.
So yes, the first few chapters will not be great, even cringe-worthy at times, but be patient with me, the writing does get better. Don't say I didn't warn you.

The first part starts 7 years before our darling, (Y/n), gets reaped for her games, so she is 11 years old at that point. She goes into the Arena at 18. So don't freak out when you see how young they are at the beginning. And yes, there is a 2 to 3 year age gap between Newt and (Y/n), but I don't think that's a problem.

Editing of previous chapters continuously goes on because I have made a ton of mistakes, grammatically and literally with the content itself. There will be plot holes (minor ones) and a lot of stupid ideas my younger self thought would be fun.
So if you see any spelling or grammatical errors, feel free to point them out!

No racist, homophobic or hate comments in general will be tolerated. This book is a space meant for readers to enjoy a fan-fiction about Newt. We celebrate love.

On the other hand, don't hesitate to comment your thoughts about the characters or the story at every line, I love reading your comments so so so much.

That being said, I really do hope you enjoy this book. Pretty excited to see where this will go in the future <3

With all my love,
EJ