38. Standing in a nice Dress

"We're getting married!"

That is how Finnick Odair decided to greet us when Newt and I came back from district 2. My jaw dropped and eyes widened at his statement.

"Are you joking?"

"Nope."

"You're not kidding?"

"Nope."

"Are you serious?"

"Yup."

"You're actually getting married?"

Finnick rolled his eyes and huffed, "Oh get over it, I proposed and she said yes!"

Letting out a cry of joy, I leaped into his arms and hugged him as tight as I could in my exhausted state. He laughed and ruffled my hair before pulling away. I looked at his flushed cheeks and gleaming eyes and was unable to wipe the smile off my face at his happiness.

"When did this happen and why wasn't I there to witness this?!" I exclaimed, punching his arm.

"Yesterday night." He laughed while rubbing the sore spot below his shoulder. "I hadn't planned it. It was a spontaneous thing but it was perfect."

"I'm so so happy for you." I whispered, pushing away the flood of emotions before I could spill tears. Was planning on saving the waterworks for the wedding.

"You're marrying my sister." Newt mumbled. It was only then I realized that he was standing next to us. His face was emotionless as he stared at nothing in particular. "My best friend is marrying my sister."

Cautiously, Finn said, "Yes. Yes, I am." A small smile fell upon Newt's lips as he looked up at Finnick.

"I'll give you guys a moment." I said, smiling. "I wanna talk to Annie anyway." With that I left them and walked towards the living quarters, to the room Annie and I shared.

Entering the room, I found Annie laying down on her bed, her red hair splayed out across the pillow and a book in her hands. At the sound of the door opening, she looked up and spotted me, her eyes lightened up before she grinned. "(Y/n)! I've got so much to tell you!" She said while pulling me into a hug.

Patting her head, I leaned back and narrowed my eyes. "Some little birdie told me that you are engaged."

She laughed and grabbed my hands before spinning around with glee. "I'm can't believe it! I'm getting married, (Y/n)! Remember how we used to dream about having the perfect wedding?"

"Of course I do." I chuckled and sat on the bed, pulling her down next to me. "Now tell me, what are you gonna wear?"

Her smile dropped. "I didn't think about that..."

"I think it'd be very hard to find a boutique in this place." I snorted. "But hey, maybe we can ask Coin to let us go on a trip to home and we can find a dress there. The districts are unified now, thanks to Katniss, so I think it will be safe for us to travel back to 4."

A hopeful look settled in her eyes as she nodded with eagerness. "Yeah, let's ask her then!"

"Ask who what?" A voice came from behind us. We turned to see Newt and Finnick standing by the door. They entered the room and plopped down on the bed opposite to us.

"Ask Coin if we can go back to 4 to get a dress for Annie." I informed them.

"Mum kept her wedding dress all this while. I want to wear that." Annie said.

Newt took Annie's hand in his and smiled. "That dress would look beautiful on you, love."

"Thank you, Newtie." She beamed.