Annie

*The 70th Hunger games*

For the last four years, neither Annie nor I were reaped, though we had been training hard. Newt was one of those victors who didn't get as much fame as the others, so he had quite a lot of time, but had to go to the capital every month. Finnick on the other hand, came whenever he could but always looked tired.

Anyway, over these years, I had learnt how to fight, hold my breath under water for a long time and to shoot. And that is what I loved. My aim was quite good. I could throw spears, daggers or shoot arrows and it would hit the target perfectly. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but that is what I excelled in.

Newt was a great trainer. He taught me how to make traps and snares and how to throw a knife. I remember how he taught me to throw them. It was around 6 months ago when it happened,

*flashback*

"Today's lesson, throwing knives" Newt said. He took 3 knives in his hand and walked towards an old shed we grew up playing in. "I learnt how to throw them in the training center." He stood a few meters in front of a target we painted. He stood with one leg front and closed an eye as he prepared himself to throw the dagger. He stuck his tongue out slightly in concentration and aimed for the target. He threw the knife and it landed close to the center but didn't reach it. He threw the other two knives and the last one hit the target perfectly while the other missed by a few centimeters. "And that is how it's done." He ended with a smile as I stared in awe.

"Okay, my turn" I said as I yanked the knives out from the target and got into position. I aimed for it and threw the knife. It hit the outer circle of the target. "Shit" I muttered.

He walked up to me and held my hands and positioned them for a better throw. He then placed his hands on my hips and turned it slightly to the right. And then he placed his hand on my stomach and whispered in my ear, "Don't forget to keep tension here" he finished as his lips grazed my ear. A blush rose up to my cheeks and my knees felt week. I stuttered a quick okay and lifted my arm up to throw.