15. Green as far as the eye can see

"Wake up! We're almost there!" Chirped an overly happy voice that could only belong to Natasha.

"How are you so energetic at this time of the day!? It is hardly 6!" I groaned as I got out of bed with immense difficulty and trudged over to the bathroom.

"I guess I'm a morning person" she grinned.

"Yeah, no kidding" I mumbled while rubbing my eyes, a failed attempt to clear the tiredness away. The past few days were hectic. 4 more districts and the same routine: a robotic speech, meeting some apparently important people which included the Victors, dinner and back to the train. The cycle seemed endless. Right now we were on our way to 7, the district known for its lumber.

I walked into the dining area where everyone was sitting around the table, small talks being passed around. I slumped into my chair and put my head on the table, desperately wanting to sleep just a little more.

"Someone's wide awake" came the voice from the annoyingly cute, dirty blond-haired, childhood bestfriend of mine.

"Ughhh...Why can't I just sleep longer? Why did you wake me up?" I shot an annoyed glance towards Nat. The lot of them chuckled at my misery. Today was one of those days when you just want to lie in bed with a cosy blanket wrapped around yourself, while enjoying a big cup of hot chocolate with little marshmallows in it. It honestly makes life worth living. And to satisfy a part of my temptation, I got myself a cup of hot chocolate. I sighed in delight as I sipped the divine chocolatey goodness.

"You have 7 districts and the Capitol left. Then you can sleep all you want." Dylan said from across the table. "But until then, you're stuck with us"

"That, unfortunately, I am" I say while setting my empty cup down.

An hour later we arrived at 7, a district full of trees and plants. I was wide awake now, taking in the scent of fresh dew drops on the green grass. We got down from the train and the mayor of the district greeted us once we came near the little clearing. The whole place was practically a forest, trees going on for miles and miles. I stepped onto the stage and gave my speech, remembered the tributes, thanked the Capitol and walked off the stage.

District 7 was a well-off district, not too poor like the ones we visited these past few days, so the mayor had organised a small party in the building behind the stage. The hall was quite big and towards the corner there a table full of fruits and other snacks. Many people were there talking to one another and the mayor introduced us to a lot of them.

"Ah Johanna!" The mayor exclaimed. A girl, with black hair turned around from a conversation she was having with a bored expression on her face. I immediately recognised her. Johanna Mason, winner of the 71th hunger games. She was a very intelligent tribute, appearing weak at the beginning, but as the games progressed, she slowly won it by killing everyone with her axe. "Johanna this is (Y/n), (Y/n) this is Johanna Mason, the most recent and probably the strongest victor of district 7."

"It's good to meet you" I said with a genuine smile.

Her eyes lit up and she gave a smile before replying, "It's good to meet you too! Very smart work with those berries." she watched my games?

"Thank you very much" I said before shrugging, "I didn't think it was that good of a move."

She chuckled and then looked behind my shoulder. "Newt." She greeted him with a nod and he nodded in reply.

"I'm gonna catch up with Blight, see you ladies later. " He said and went over to talk with a tall man standing by the fruit table.

"Pretty boring party huh?" I turned my head towards Johanna who was looking around the room.