Epilogue: Home

A/n: yup, this is the epilogue, the final part to the book.

I want to thank every single reader who has made it this far. Silent readers, you all are amazing. Voters, I adore you so so much.

And those of you who comment everytime I upload, you have my heart. Thank you for sticking by my side through these two years of writing this book, tolerating my extremely messed up uploading schedule, all the while giving me motivation to write.

Gaaaaaah I dont know how to feel now that I have completed this book. All I can say is that I am grateful for every single one of you, and I would've seriously considered abandoning this book a year ago, had it not been for you guys.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I LOVE YOU <3 !!

*****

The smell of salt in the breeze was still strong as ever as I stood on the beach, the sand between my toes and the soft sounds that the waves sang as they crested before crashing down into the ocean made me feel nostalgic.

Like my 11 year old self felt all those years ago, the day before the 65th Hunger Games when Finnick was taken into the Arena, I remembered how much I loved being from District 4. I walked towards the seas and shivered to a stop when my feet touched the water. But I didn't mind the coolness, I reveled in it.

Nearly every fibre of my body was yearning to dive into the water and swim. Except for the ones in my shoulder.

"Uh huh, don't even think about swimming." An all too familiar British voice spoke. "You're still healing, no major arm movements."

Raising my right hand up in mock surrender, I turned towards Newt and shrugged half-heartedly. "I couldn't even if I wanted to." Who knew a tendon tear would leave behind years of struggling to do something that seemed so easy a while ago.

He walked to where I stood and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me, resting his chin on my shoulder. Leaning back into him, I sighed in content, wishing moments like these were more frequent. But with the extra addition of a human life... geez it was hectic.

"What's that first thought that comes into your head when you think about home?" I asked.

"I'm really inclined to say 'You' but that would be too cheesy for the both of us to handle even if it is true." He laughed, kissing my cheek. "So I'll say 'Family' instead. Give credit to Annie for sticking by my side all her life. And even a little to Finnick, for the sake of it."

"Don't let him hear that." I chucked. "He needs to be on top of everyone's priority list or else he'll throw a fit."

"Probably. He knows he's way too valuable for us mere mortals."

The wind carried our laughter as the sky turned into a beautiful reddish-orange, tints of blue trying to fight through to show itself but slowly being engulfed into gradual darkness.

"The sun is gonna set. We should go back soon."

"No kissing on the beach while the sun sets like normal couples do?" I asked with a tinge of hope.

I could feel him rolling his eyes. "You should know by now, with you going into the games twice and me once, to fight in a war against mutations created by an oppressive government ruled by an autocrat, we (Y/n), are not a normal couple." He said only to quickly turn me around and place a warm hand on my cheek. "But if you insist..."