11. Reunions with Strangers

"Mum?" I ask pulling away. The both of us had the same hair colour and same skin complexion.

"Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry." She pulled me back into a tight hug.

"Sorry for what?"

"For everything honey! We didn't get to see for so many years and when we found out you were reaped for the games we were just so busy with Capitol work and we tried everything to contact you before you went into the arena. Life is the Capitol is so hectic." She said in one breath.

"It's true (Y/n)" My dad said from behind my mother. I definitely got my features from him. "We are really sorry sweetie"

He pulled me into a bear hug as my mom let go. I hugged him back because I didn't know what else to do.

My thoughts were going haywire. I didn't know what to say. But I knew I couldn't be mad at my parents because they had done so much for me when I was young. Because I had no siblings, it was always the three of us and we were a close family. But after they got work at the Capitol, courtesy to President Snow, they moved away.

Another reason I hate that man.

I smiled in content that I finally got to see my parents. I pulled away and then a thought crossed my mind which I voiced out loud. "Where is Newt?"

"Behind you." Came the voice of the Brit I love.
"Hey" he said with a smile. His eyes were twinkling and his face was filled with relief compared to the last time I saw him.

I began to tear up realising how much I missed him. "Hi", I choked out and ran over to him before wrapping my arms around his waist in a tight hug.

"Easy there, love" he said laughing while he almost stumbled. He put an arm around my shoulder and he used to the other to rub my back. He rested his chin on my head and sighed in content. I felt safe. I wiped my tears away and looked into his chocolate brown eyes.

His eyes flickered to my lips but then a shrill voice broke the silence as Natasha came into the room and practically squealed. She pulled me away from Newt and hugged me tight. Like literally squeezed me to suffocation. "(Y/n)! I missed you so much!! I'm so happy that you are alright!"

"Ca-n't breath N-at" I said, patting her back.

"I'm sorry! I'm just so happy!" She said, her face glowing with the emotion.

Dylan stepped through the doors and immediately walked over and gave me a bear hug. "Told ya that you would win." he said as he pulled away from the warm hug. I grinned.

After the little reunion, a peacekeeper came into the room and asked me to follow him. I glance at Newt before going with the peacekeeper. He led me into a hospital like room where a doctor and a nurse stood there waiting.

"We just want to make sure that you are healthy and fine." The doctor said with a smile. I nodded and she motioned me to lie down on the bed. She pulled out an injection with a pink liquid inside it.

"Um what's that?" I asked.

"Just a sleeping shot. You must be very tired. How about you take some rest alright?" She said.

I nodded as she injected me with the syringe. I could immediately feel the effects of the medicine as my eyes started to droop and I felt drowsy. Leaning my head against the soft pillows, I drift off into a comfortable sleep, something I was deprived of in the arena.
_________________________________________________

"Wake up, love." A soothing voice awoke me from my slumber. "You have an interview with Flickerman tonight. And after that the crowning ceremony. You'll have to get ready." Newt smiled at my sleepy form. I nodded and got out of the hospital bed.