24. Zero O'Clock

The anthem of Panem rang through the arena, causing me to wake up from my slumber. I rubbed my face to get rid of the sleepiness and looked towards the sky.

District 5 male, Male Morphling, both the tributes from District 8 and District 9, District 10 female and Seeder.

I let out a relieved sigh knowing Johanna was alive.

"Eight." Katniss said. Finnick hummed in response.

I turned to towards Peeta, only to find him also awake and looking up at the sky. "That was a very short nap." He mumble, groggily.

"Yup."

After a while, Katniss suddenly spoke, "What's that?"
All of our attention was turned to the silver parachute that glided down through the foliage to land before us. It carried two containers.

She walked over to it and opened one of the boxes.
It had a note and a hollow metal tube, tapered slightly at one end. On the other end a small lip curved downward.

Drink up.
~H.

"I think it's a spile." She said, examining the tube.

"A what?" Finnick and I voice out our confusions at the same time. She didn't reply, rather proceeded to stick the spile into a nearby tree and used a stone to push it further inside. Peeta helped me stand up and we walked over to where Katniss and Finnick were waiting with anticipation. A few moments later, water began to run out of the spile in a thin stream.
She let out a gasp and put her mouth under the stream, drinking it up.

My eyes lit up with joy and I let out a laugh. "Finally!"
We took turns holding our mouths under the tap, wetting our parched tongues. Once everyone was done with quenching their thirsts, I tore up a part of my sleeve and wet it in the clean water. I lifted my shirt up and cleaned the dry blood off with the cloth. I winced when the cloth touched the wound, but I continued wiping slowly in order to clean the cut.

Meanwhile, Finnick took the other box in his hands and opened it. Inside that too, was a note and a smaller box.

This should heal it up. Stay safe.
~Newt.

"Hey (Y/n)!" Finnick called out, causing me to look up. "Your medicine is here." He walked over to where I was and took the cloth from my hand. He made me sit down and leaned me up against the tree before wiping off the remaining blood around the cut. He opened the small box to find some very smelly, green goop inside. I scrunched my nose from the smell. Finnick laughed at my reaction. "Newt said this will do the job. He didn't mention anything about the smell though."

"It better do the job." I muttered. "It makes me want to vomit." He let out another laugh at that.

He scooped some of the goop with his fingers. "You ready?" I nodded hesitantly. I dug my nails into the dirt when he applied the medicine to the wound. To say it was painful was an understatement. I bit my lip in order to not scream.

"All done." He said after a while. I let out a shaky breath as the pain subsided. He wiped his hand on the cloth and sat beside me. "It's gonna be alright, (Y/n)."

Peeta came up to us with a large leaf cupped in the shape of a bowl, with water inside. He handed me the bowl, which I gladly accepted and drank its contents. Finnick put an arm around my shoulder and I leaned against him. "Wake me up when you want to sleep, okay?" I said.