22. Up in the Air

"I like it." I said with a genuine smile, my eyes wandering all over the beautiful dress that lay before me. It was an elegant white frock, fading into a sea blue colour at the end. It reminded me of home, the white beaches with the blue oceans just waiting for us to dive into.

"I'm glad. I've asked Xavier to go a bit light on your make up." Dylan said. "Put the dress on. I'll go see if Finnick needs anything." He walked out of the room and as he was going out, Newt rushed in, his breathing heavy and fast.

"I was just talking to Haymitch. We are having a meeting tonight after the interview, you know, just to go over everything once more for tomorrow...", He trailed off.

I mumbled a small 'okay', my mood dampening at the thought of the games tomorrow. "You know it will go as planned, right?" Newt asked, taking a step closer towards me.

"Yeah." I said, not fully sure.

"Come here." He said, his voice warm and filled with love. My lips trembled but I held back the tears and I threw myself into his arms. He held me in his protective hold and murmured sweet things into my ears. "You have nothing to be afraid of, (Y/n/n)." He said, keeping me at an arm's length, so I could look into his chocolate brown eyes.

"What if I mess up? What if Finnick gets killed? What if.. what if I dont see you again?" My voice trembled and a tear rolled down my cheek.

Bringing his hand to my face, he wiped the tear away with his thumb. "The plan is going to work out just fine. Trust me, it's gonna be alright." I nodded, closing my eyes, trying not to think about the games. I didn't have to try though, because every thought was wiped away from my messed up head when Newt pressed his lips against mine. He placed one of his hands on my hips and pulled me into his embrace, while placing the other on my cheek. Our lips moved together with love, passion and desperation.

We pulled away when we ran out of breath and rested our foreheads together, breathing in bliss.

"We need to go." I whispered. He nodded his head in reply.

"I'll see you soon, yeah?" He said. I mumbled a small 'Okay' with a smile, after which he left the room, before briefly kissing me again. Taking a deep breath, I began to get ready for the interview.
____________________________________________________

"I'm sorry, I just can't stop crying..." Cashmere's voice was heard through the speakers.

"Stupid drama." Finnick said with a roll of his eyes. The both of us were waiting for our interviews, which we decided to give separately.

"I just want to get this over with." I said with a sigh, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I've written this sort of a message for Annie, I'm going to tell it on stage."

"That's a good idea." I said with a smile. "It shows everyone how much of a softie you really are." He let out a small chuckle.

"What are you going to do for your interview?"

"Speak my mind." I replied. "Not too much though. Dont wanna anger Snow, now do we?"

"Good luck with that."

A few moments passed by, when Beetee was being interviewed, Finn suddenly said, "Are you going to tell them about your relationship with Newt?"

"I don't think so. What if they do something to him? I suggest you dont say that the poem's bout Annie either."

"Yeah, I dont think I will."

"Next up we have, from district 4, Finnick Odair!" Caesar Flickerman's voice echoed through the room a minute later.