~ Chaebol heir ~

A/N: ❤️❤️  SURPRISE !!!!! ❤️❤️

Double update this week because November was a blessed month and I want to continue that positivity in the last month of 2020.

Earlier this year, the whole world grappled with pandemic and now news about the vaccines is somewhat comforting. Let's do our best everyone! ❤️

Y/n in italics

_______________________________________

Woojin's POV contd.

I almost ran two blocks ahead and saw her catching her breath near the tree shade. I slowly approached her and before she could stand up and leave, I grabbed her by the wrist and asked her to follow me politely.

We walked in to the nearby cafe and I chose a table reserved for private conversations. With my name, nothing was impossible.

I quickly ordered an Oreo shake for her and black coffee for myself.

How do I know she ain't a coffee person?

Sorry for the intrusion but we run a background check on individuals around us. Keeps us away from deceptive and shady people. But this one was ordered by my father after the incident at the party. One of her photos had it. I didn't save the information, my memory is pretty good. I shredded the paper long back. She was never a threat.

"Why did you bring me here, young master?"

"Please stop calling me that, I don't like that name. I've told you before, just call me Woojin."

"Is Woojin your real name or the one you give to your girls, huh?"

"I don't play around if that's what you're pointing at. The ones they mentioned were some crazy fangirls that tried to fake knowing me and almost dragged me into a scandal. Hence, the tight security."

"Who exactly are you?"

"My name is Seo Woojin, the sole heir of SGB group chairman"

She just stared at me wide-eyed while sipping her drink. I am sure it must be shocking enough but can't blame her though.

"As you know, I haven't revealed my identity to the media yet since my father wanted me to learn everything like a commoner and work my way upwards. Being the heir, comes with many threats, hence the tough security. And earlier it's my fault to not have updated them with your name. It slipped my mind."

"You mean to say you are the The Seo Woojin? Like the one of the richest Chaebol heir in all of Korea? And the guy trying to follow us outside is your security?"

"That's Andrew, my bodyguard. He's been with me since I studied in States and shifted to Canada and then back here to shoulder my responsibilities as a son and the heir to company."

"Woah. Should I say I hit the jackpot then? I probably met the person who hundreds of journalists, paparazzi are itching to get a glimpse."

"Hit the jackpot? Are you hitting on me miss?"

"Why would I hit on you...I already have a boyfri- ... I mean had... I don't know"

"If I may, was this the reason of your state that night? As a friend, I would like to listen to your story. You look like you need one."

"Friends, this early? I don't even know you. Or maybe it's good that we don't know each other that close. Let's just say, we both were going strong despite our hectic schedules, well his and slowly, there was a thin wall between us. We started walking on eggshells around each other and next thing we know, insecurities creeped in growing into misunderstandings. I read his letter late and realised that he already planned on letting me go while I was hanging by the last thread of hope. Which eventually broke as him finding someone new was all over the media. Let's just say the timing was off. So that leaves me without a partner I guess."

"That was a lot to take in, considering how you explained such deep emotions in a few lines. From what I noticed, sacrifices were made by both of you but you somehow never counted yours or considered them big enough in comparison to him. We do that for people we look up to. But you both are humans. No matter what stage of life you are, comparison can never give you the right answer because it is unbalanced from the start. No two people are same, not even twins!"

I passed her the tissue and ordered for a brownie with vanilla ice cream for her.

Nothing soothes people better than sweets.

"You are smart, young and independent. You can think for yourself. But here's a little secret I learnt in business administration. That being independent doesn't mean going solo or making precise decisions. It means that we understand ourselves a little better and we should ask for help when we need it. You see, a big company like ours isn't running solely because my dad is a genius. It is because he has created a family of people who can be trusted enough to do their part of work. You never told him did you?"

"Hmmm"

"You always hid your part of the story as if it was an extra chapter just to ease his tension. You wanted to be the bigger person. But remember one thing, one can't only give everything one has, they need to recieve in return to. And it's not just the pleasure but the pain too. If you don't share yourself completely, there will always be something pulling you back."

"You'll make a great leader one day. Bigger than your dad. I didn't know I needed to hear this but thank you so much Woojin-ah."

"My pleasure. Also, apologies for the behaviour of my staff. I forgo-"

"It's okay. I get it. You're a high profile person and they were just doing their duty."

"Since we are friends now, can I treat you to something. It just doesn't fit right. You can ask me anything and I will give it as a part of my repentance."

"Your inheritance too?"

"You don't need to ask. Just marry me and it will automatically be yours."

"Yaaahhh"

"Just kidding. But yeah my deal is still open. Shopping, fine dine restaurant, overseas trip...you can ask."

"What a lucky friend am I! Remember your promise. I will ask it as I think on it."

I asked my guard to clear the bill as we left the cafe. I was about to open the door for her when she suddenly pulled me back and hid her face on my chest, grabbing my blazer.

"Please don't move. My boss is here and I definitely don't want him to see me here. Pleaseee."

I smiled at her childish request and my eyes landed on the figure reflected on the window pane.

Why does he look so familiar?

POV end.

_______________________________________

A/N: The new guy is probably sweet right? Melting everyone's heart. A chaebol heir at that!

But her boss seems familiar to him! Does he know Mr. Kim?

Is he here with some ulterior motive or he is one of those lucky strangers that we cross paths with in life when it comes to a standstill?

Stay tuned lovelies 💚

Don't forget to vote and comment 😁