~ The 5th P ~

A/N: Don't be a ghost reader and do vote/comment. 💚
The italics are for y/n.
I know Jackson's POV is short. But don't worry, it will be back once the team members are exposed.
Any guesses who will they be???
_______________________________________

Your POV

We got just in time to the room. While I was trying to find us both seats, dumpling just dashed for the corner seat. My eyes widened at the only empty seat being in the first row, in front of the goddamn speaker.

I mumbled a 'fuck you' to her, to which she mumbled a quiet 'puppy will be jealous' and puckered her lips to mimic a kiss. I picked up the empty plastic bottle on the side and almost threw it at her till I realised that someone was already through the door trying to move ahead. Why are the discussion rooms so frigging small?!

I cursed my formal shoes for making me lose my balance as I turned around, bracing myself for an embaressing fall and shutting my eyes tight in the process.

To my surprise, I didn't fall but felt myself awkwardly bent in a position. I realised two strong hands grabbing me in my place. My eyes opened wide and was startled seeing a new face. Well handsome to be precise but nevermind. Jackson was (Handsome x infinity)

"I know am handsome, but can you be a less obvious. I am against workplace dating", he whispered, making my eyes even rounder than they already were. "Also, can you move your hand, I am kinda choking", he motioned with his eye.

Upon following his gaze I realised, I had held his arm and necktie for support, practically choking him. I let go of him and stood straight, almost intruding his personal space.

A sudden clearing of throat broke the trance as all of us turned to the door to see the senior boss standing. I scrambled back to my place in the front row, cursing myself and wondering which was worst...what happened now or it was better that I should have fallen.

Ugh. I tried to look ahead and caught the boss introducing him as our new Team Lead. Oh I see. And his name was something jae? I just caught the last bit. He started his powerpoint presentation as the boss excused himself out.

Fuck. Another ppt.

They should add ppt as the 5th P in marketing. (a/n: the 4 Ps of marketing are product, price, place and promotion)

I narrowed my eyes down the the slide and saw his introduction as Mr. Kim something...Gosh my eye sight. I guess my dream of a 20/20 vision will forever be a dream.

Then I turned my eyes back to the number of slides and I fought the urge to facepalm myself.
Who in their right mind has 50 slides to talk about?

Just.

F.M.L.

Oh Goshhh...what's with those slide transitions and childish effects.

Does he not know how a professional ppt looks like? I bet he's the type of person to ask his juniors to make his presentation a night before.

The thoughts in my head never stopped. And after what seemed like ages, the hard fist banging on the table woke me up to the reality. I looked up to see the sound of that noise and regretted instantly. We made eye contact and his confused expression was replaced by a smirk.

"And with this I conclude our first project meeting."

'what the actual fuck. Why was I lost in my thoughts a whole meeting?!'

"And I guess this young lady over here could bring the minutes of the meeting to my cabin a little later", he said pointing towards me.

J.F.C.

Everyone clapped and then dispersed. And I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you out of your mind y/n?"

"Wh-what?"

"How are you going to summarise?"

"I uh-um don't know"

"Here, take my notes and make sure to treat me to fried chicken for dinner"

"Thank you so much. How could I ever live with you my sweetheart!"

I hugged her.

"So you don't need Jackson?"

"Yah. You both are my sweethearts and so are the members. Don't you hurt me like this. Plus now that he's away, I can't think straight"

"You talk as if he's disappeared from the face of the earth when he's having the time of his life in a different continent. Take a chill pill."

Someone knocked the door and the junior chimed in saying that the TL was waiting for the report. I gave him a thumbs up signifying I got his message and he scurried away trying to find more coffee. I took her notes and started walking down the lobby to find his cabin, while glancing at her handwriting.

I went around reading the nameplates till I saw a Mr. Kim and entered. He hesitated at first but then recognised me by the file in my hand. He asked me to explain it.

Who asks to explain the summary of his own speech. What a narcissist. I sighed and began explaining it in short.

Wondering how? Well that what you learn in master's degree. To make presentation in ongoing lectures and giving impromptu presentations. Why? 'cause no one gives a damn about the group projects. I got interrupted in between by none other than Mr. Iamthebest.

"Miss y/n, do you still think you're in college?"

"What do you mean?"

"Do you think this is some classroom where you can walk in your own sweet time and blabber nonsense?"

"Save it. Before you try to clarify. First, you don't possess the basic professional etiquettes and then second, you have the audacity to come present someone else's work as your own because you clearly were zoned out the whole time. Am I right?"

I was too shocked to respond. This escalated from 0 to 100 real quick. I could almost feel tears sting the back of my eyes but I blinked them away.

"Cat got your tongue?"
"I don't like to repeat myself twice"

"I-i am sorry"

I realised that there was no point arguing when I was clearly the one who did wrong. I should have focused. I almost lost my balance but straightened back up. The heels were killing me.

"I have a feeling that am just going to hear 'sorry' from you everytime we meet. Send in the one who made this notes. Right now!"

"Yes s-sir"

I stuttered. What the hell. When did I become such a timid person. I went out and asked my bestie to go into his room. I explained in short that I was caught and things went south. She knew something was wrong but didn't bother me.

POV end.

Jackson's POV

I was busy trying to write my song lyrics and immersed in the music. I didn't realise it was almost 4am when I unplugged. I saved the sample file and mailed to my music writer and best friend in Team Wang.

He helped me by giving out honest reviews and that were sometimes harsh to the point I had scrapped a whole song. But that's how it is. The lyrics and music needs to sync in. We can't throw in some rhyming words and declare it to be a song. The anxiety I have been feeling since I stepped on the plane still lingered.

I went to my bag and found out the one thing I knew would bring me peace, her scarf. It had her scent and probably the only thing that I could sneak in without being caught on about an affair. It is my love life ffs but I can't even confess it. We have to keep it under wraps or else Dispatch happens to screw away everyone's life.

My thoughts drifted to her. Her scarf. Did she find out? Probably not. Or else my phone would have buzzed non stop with curses. Why? It was her most special scarf since it was the last birthday gift from her mother. And I promise to treasure her scarf and her mother's best creation, herself.

Forever.

With that I snuggled into my blanket and slept.

POV end.