~ Jackson's Letter ~

A/N: The letter everyone is expecting.

Every relationship has its ups and downs. And this is no different. But what if it continues to go downhill from there?

_______________________________________

Your POV

I stumbled back to my room after thanking him for the night and exchanging numbers. I threw the overcoat on bed and I scrambled through the drawers to find his letter. That's the only thing that proves he's here with me at this moment. He can't just leave me. It was just supposed to be a trip.

***

I found the letter and tore open the envelope.

To,

My sweet candy y/n,

I know this year has been extremely tough on both of us considering by packed schedules leaving no time for us. Idol life I tough but you know I chose it because I wanted to. I sacrificed alot for it. Be it a different career or relationship. Flirting or not, the entertainment industry is tough and we have to do things to keep everyone happy.

I mean that being understanding is a major aspect of this but the burden of keeping a relationship hidden is tough. Not to mention if word gets out, there would be war amongst the fans, dividing them into those who accept the idol is also a human first and artist later but for some it takes the form of hate. And I would never wish that hate upon any loved one. So, after the small fight I realised that I maybe holding you back from your potential as a good partner and as an independent woman.
You stayed here for work instead of returning to your hometown, and declined promotion to stay with me. Always faltered with relationship questions and stayed hidden like a shadow. Being two mature adults, I feel we can have this talk.

You're a beautiful bird in a golden cage. But a cage is a cage, gold or not. So, I decide to set you free. During the time I am away, if you do find someone you like, go ahead and pursue that interest. I will be more than happy for you. We will still stay good friends and I will never hold it against you.

I have been selfish all this while keeping you to myself. But it's your time to shine. Make your name. Be free. Be with someone who you can openly call yours and flaunt your pictures together rather than sharing scenary with me.

I wish you luck for all your future endeavours even if it means without me.

Lots of love,
Puppy.

***

I held the letter close to my heart with trembling hands and as if on queue, the dam of emotions I withheld since that bittersweet night, crashed open and tears flooded my vision.

What.. h-how was I supposed to make sense of his words? He was clear from the start? He meant to let go? Despite our constant promises that we would work it out together, no matter what! To heck with sacrifices... There were no signs of pressure... everything was hunky-dory. And which couple doesn't have issues? That's what problems are for, to be solved... mutually...

Where did I go wrong?

After what felt like an hour, I managed to climb out of the bed and turned on the cold shower. Things have been such a mess and these thoughts, with a tinge of viciousness were growing like weeds in the garden of my mind. It felt ...so heavy.

The continuous ringing of my phone broke my train of thoughts as I tried to pick myself up using the tap for some support. I reached for that flashing light hoping maybe it was Jackson.