~ Murphy's Law ~

A/N:
Murphy's law: whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.

Italics - JYP, normal - jackson
_______________________________________

Jackson's POV

I drove away to JYP Ent., parking my car in the lot and slipping on my cap and masks. I hurried up to the room and I collected myself, breathing normally before I knocked , to enter the door. I was greeted with a tense JYP and our manager hyung walking in distress.

"Why are you here so late? Do you not own a fuckin' watch or is it just for the show?", he hissed.

"It was our day off. And I was already out when hyung texted me", I replied keeping my voice under control.

"You do know that you were the last option they chose since Heechul couldn't make it right?"

"Do I need to remind you that your group still needs promotion to survive the competition?", his voice raising a notch higher with every sentence.

"Well I know that, am sorry I reached late", I lied, not to make the situation more worse than it was.

"You have a flight to board tomorrow at 6am", he snapped.

Breaking out of my thoughts of how could I possibly break this news to y/n and my boys.

"Manager will brief you about the rules and make sure you don't screw up this time" he scowled, storming off the room.

Hyungnim was just watching all this conversation wide eyed and cleared his throat as soon as JYP left the room.

"Don't mind PD's anger. He was just settling finances awhile back.
A month is a long time", he said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I get it, I put myself through all the tiring schedules because the guilt of leaving the Olympic fencing team for doing what I love was still persistent. I tried to bring the best out of me, even if it meant double the effort I had to put in.

I didn't realise it affected the people around me until I met her. I just feel so bad for doing this to her.

Never giving her my full attention, prioritising work over our time and yet she acts like the mature one. Pushing me back up everytime I stumble.

I fluttered my eyes open due to snapping of hyung's finger in front of my face. He knew about us. He was like an elder in our family and quite understood what I was going through.

I was ever thankful for him, helping me keep this a secret from company, 'cause of a shitty piece of paper called 'contract'.

Hyung explained all the rules and it also included my cellphone. Yeah, since there were going to be a lot of seniors and games, one's privacy was never guaranteed. He slipped out his old smartphone and handed it over to me. This only meant one thing, no contact with her for a month. And I couldn't agree with Murphy's law more.

I drove back to our shared apartment and started packing my bags. All the skin care essentials, comfortable clothes and undergarments, some things required for a forest survival. My hand ghosted over her dress.

I will miss her scent. The warmth of her skin against mine. How am I supposed to sleep like that. I sat down, head in my hands. I looked at the clock that chimed 8pm.

It was time to head over the dorms. I took the bags and settled them in the trunk since I would be heading out directly from the dorms tomorrow. I drove back.

As I reached the door, I was greeting with instant bickering about movies.

"Horror", bambam screeched.