~ Le Meridian ~

A/N: Short chap, I know but fasten your seatbelts cz things are about to rush faster in the next chapter. This is just the beginning or shall I say, closer to the end of a drama.... Or maybe it is more drama!! Idk...find out! 😉

Jackson's part in italics.

_______________________________________

Your POV

The marketing strategy was a successful and the sales picked up assuring our client an increase in profit and in turn gaining us another possible contract for their next top product. Actually, we were fortunate enough that their rival brand didn't up their advertisement game or things would have been different and that's how one gets lucky sometimes.

The brand manager was awarded another portfolio of products as a part of this project and needless to say he was happy sharing that with us. Now happiness in corporate is celebrated with drinks, the bigger the project, the lavish the parties.

As an introvert, it was a nightmare especially when office people met under the pretext of being informal yet one had to be on their toes to never cross that line. Just smile through the pain. I seldom attended them, only ones being team dinners because I could quitely escape when they went bar hopping.

Not escape per se, as I had a boyfriend tapping his fingers aggressively on the steering wheel, waiting a block behind the hotel. Jackson used to be protective of me and sometimes exaggerate the amount of dangers lurking near me like I was the red riding hood and the wolves were busy stalking me. Tch. He got sulky and pouted as if someone stole his favourite candy and I had to coax him all night with extra snuggles. Not that I ever complained! I love him too much for that.

Now that he was a week away, with probably zero contact, it felt all sorts of weird going to celebrate. It felt like a teenager sneaking into the club, excited for the atmosphere in the club but careful about the drinks.

I turned on the Friends app where one could share their location to listed contacts in case of an emergency and I placed the sos widget at home screen. At this point, it wasn't about things going wrong or not, it was a habit.

One can never go wrong with the little black dress! So I picked up the dress and accessorised it, to look presentable enough for mandatory congratulatory photographs

One can never go wrong with the little black dress! So I picked up the dress and accessorised it, to look presentable enough for mandatory congratulatory photographs. It was the norm.

POV end.

Jackson's POV

I decided to meet my friend Paul. It's been years since we last parted after the auditions and training. My man from Toronto, Canada is back here and I gotta see him at work.

We were meeting for some dinner and drinks since he's occupied with meetings, so I took my time getting ready, soaking myself in the bubble bath.

As I wrapped myself up in the bathrobe, there was a ring at the door. I didn't order anything and it said strictly 'Do not Disturb'. I opened the door only to find a masked guy standing there.