Epilogue

*SEVEN YEARS LATER*

I juggle with the keys in one hand, fighting with it to unlock the front door. The sun's starting to go down in the horizon behind me, painting the sky with beautiful shades of purple and orange.

I finally open the door, pushing it with my shoulder and taking off my shoes before stepping further inside. The house is way too silent, but I can hear Leo's tiny laugh in the distance.

"Princess?" I call out, moving straight to the kitchen. 

I let my eyes linger on the photographs all around our house:  Diana in her baseball uniform as a kid; me with my parents; Diana smiling when we went to the city when I was a senior in high school; both of us in our wedding day, with Diego and Jackson as best mans; us with Leo and Ricecake.

I enter the kitchen where I see Diana cutting vegetables and humming to herself. I smile, my heart swelling in my chest as I look at her. Her hair golden with the last rays of sun coming through and her rounding stomach. I love her so much, and everyday I love her more.

I finally understand dad.

I set the brownies and my piece of cake on the counter before standing behind her and sliding my arms around her waist. "I thought you were in the backyard," I say, kissing the top of her head. "Where's Leo?"

She smiles at me, her cute dimples making me pepper kisses all over cheeks.

"He's outside," she giggles, elbowing me. I link my hand with hers, pulling her with me as I step outside to the backyard.

Leo's golden locks shine in the sun too and he's sitting on a blanket, Diego sitting in front of him. The white fluffy ball that's our dog runs around them, panting excitedly and rolling on the grass.

"Now that was when Fiona whistled and the birds exploded all around her," I hear him say dramatically and Leo laughs his little toddler laugh.

"Momma can whistle," he says, looking around. He spots me, immediately standing and running to me, "momma!"

I chuckle, picking him up and kissing his cheek. Leo's eyes are light like Diana's, and I'm sure he'll be a heartbreaker.

I mean, have you seen his mom?

"Hello, little lion," I say and he hugs my neck.

"Momma, can you make birds explode too?" He asks and both Diana and Diego start laughing in the back.

"No, I can't," I say. He nods solemnly.

"That's good, momma. I like birds," he says hugging me again before kicking his legs so I put him back on the ground.

"Were you telling my son about Shrek?" I ask, staring into Diego's dark eyes. He shrugs, a smile on his face.

"He asked me to tell him a story."

I shake my head in disbelief, sitting beside Diana on the blanket. She stretches her leg, putting her ringed hand on her belly, looking absolutely lovely and calm. I take a picture of her.

"You'll never stop, will you?" She asks with a smile, but I just shake my head, kissing her cheek.

"You're too pretty for me to stop."

"Beloved Jesus," Diego says, standing up and stretching. "You two are too much for me. I'll go see if Ash needs something, I'll see you guys later."

We chuckle, watching as he kisses Leo's head and our son holds him with a death grip, "oh no, Leo," he says dramatically, "you're holding me too tight, I'm gonna die!"