Turkey Hunt

Raven's POV:

I woke up early, staring out my window as the sun scattered light across the city. It was peaceful and made me fall into my own thoughts.

Today was Thanksgiving and the team was invited to Wayne manor for the Justice League thanksgiving tonight.

We would have to be leaving soon, but we did have time for a thanksgiving brunch, so I could hear Kori and Dick humming in the kitchen.

This year had been crazy but I am thankful for many things. Like my team. And Damian. Damian and I have grown close and we have basically been seeing each other for some time now.

He has been such a gentleman and kind to me that I am thankful he can look past the whole demoness thing and see me as I am.

I pulled the covers off of me and sat up. Kori had taken us all out shopping for new clothes for thanksgiving, and I had picked a nice high-low dress that had flowers all around it. It wasn't my style but Kori insisted I looked stunning in it and I didn't want to try on any more clothes. So I bought it.

I picked up the dress from my closet and looked at it. Then I looked outside. It was snowing on thanksgiving, so the short sleeves were not enough.

I grabbed a brown leather jacket and nodded at my choices. I brought them into my attached bathroom and got dressed.

Kori had said how much of an importance today was, so I decided to curl my short hair and pin the front back.

When I stepped back to examine myself, I was quite pleased with myself. I looked pretty. I grabbed my makeup and decided to go light only putting foundation, mascara, and nude lipstick on.

When I was done I grabbed my small purse and put my phone and money in it and walked out the door.

When I got to the kitchen Donna and Kori were wearing their dresses. They looked very nice. Dick was wearing a nice suit that made him look professional.

"Morning Rachel," Dick smiled. "You look lovely."

"Thank you." I nodded.

"Doesn't she?" Kori smiled. "I love your hair. It looked so nice."

"Thank you." I blush at all the attention. 

"I told you that you would look hot in that dress," Donna told me. She came over and whispered in my ear, "Damian will think it's hot too."  

I blushed even redder. Damian and I know that the team knows about us. It wasn't like we were hiding it or anything, but they always manage to make me blush when they talk about Damian and I's relationship. 

"Thanks," I said awkwardly, trying to slip away into an abyss somewhere. 

"Your welcome." Donna smiled and walks away. 

I go to sit on the couch, waiting for the others to come downstairs for brunch. I pull my book out of my pocket dimension and start to read. I hear people coming down the stair occasionally, but there is no point in letting a perfectly good book down until we are ready. 

"I don't see the point in my father's little party." Damian's voice distracts me from my book. I look up and he is fiddling with his tie, trying to get it on. 

I put my book away and walk over. 

"Father wanted the Justice League and the Titans to get together. It's sort of a bonding exercise." Dick said while stirring something in a pot. 

"Besides, it a way for everyone to have a nice turkey dinner without me having to cook." Kori smiled. 

Damian was still fiddling with his tie because he didn't see me. I came over and took the tie and helped him get it on right. Damian gave me a look that I couldn't quite read as I glance up at him a few times.