Childhood Love PT 2

Raven's POV: 

Donna and I took our seats as we looked through the food options for the day. Donna was tired and I could tell more than anything she wanted a coffee. I wouldn't mind one myself, but I was trying to cut back on my coffee intake. 

"What are you having, Rachel?" Damian asked as he sat across from me at the table. 

"I think I will have a ham and cheese sandwich and some chips. Maybe a pop," I shrug. 

"Sounds good," Damian stands up. "I owe you for the lunch so it is one me." 

At the same time, Conner stands up and turns to Donna before saying, "I will bring back your lunch then." 

The boys left the table and both of us turned to each other at the same time with similar questions. "Why is he buying your lunch?" Donna asked. "Why is Conner getting your lunch?" I asked. 

We both laughed for a second, knowing that sometimes we are so alike that we can't help but copy each other and say things at the same time. 

"I am sorry, but why is Conner getting you a lunch?" I lean over and whisper. 

"Because he noticed that I was tired and offered. It is no big deal," Donna shruged. "Now you have to tell me why Damian said 'I owe you a lunch." She says firmly, not leaving any room to get out of telling her. 

"Because we made a bet and he lost. It was a silly thing and I didn't expect him to go through with it, but I am not complaining," I shrug. 

"What was the bet about?" Donna raised an eyebrow. 

"To see if you and Conner would confess to each other or not," I smirked. 

"And you said I wouldn't?" she sounded half offended and half-amused. 

"I know you," I roll my eyes. "I know that you won't confess unless he does." 

"What a good friend you are," Donna rolled her eyes. 

"Hey, I am sorry but I wanted to prove Damian wrong. It was a harmless bet and I am sorry," I apologize and set my hand over hers. She turned back and gave a small smile and nodded. 

"Alright," she said before changing the subject back to how amazing this school was. I had to admit that I liked it a great deal, and I wanted so badly to enroll, but I held myself back and just listened to Donna's rant. 

After a few minutes, the boys came back and Damian handed me my meal. Donna seemed to be talking to Conner (and not in a complete mess), so I turned to Damian. 

"Hey," I said in a soft voice. "Thanks for lunch." 

"A bet is a bet," he nods and takes a bite of his sandwich. 

I start to nibble on mine, but after one bite I decided that I don't want any crust. I start to peel the crust off the bread and I catch Damian watching me. "What?" I ask, worried that I was somehow doing something embracing. 

"You still peel the crusts off," Damian said, reminding me that he knows of a few of my silly habits. I blush and turn to look at my bread, trying not to look bothered by it. "There is nothing wrong with that you know. I am just... surprised." 

"Well, some things never change," I mumble before taking a bite of my now crustless bread. 

"And some things do," Damian mumbled just loud enough for me to hear. 

We ate in silence and sometimes spoke when there was something about Donna or Conner's conversation that involved our opinion. Other than that, Donna seemed to be in her little world with Conner.