The Internship

Raven's POV:

"Miss Roth, your desk will be down this hall. Follow me." The kind receptionist told me as we walked down the halls.

It was the first day of my new summer internship at Wayne foundations. Dick had pulled some strings for me and got me a paid internship at Batman's billion-dollar company.

I was excited and nervous for my first day, but Kori had made sure to make me feel comfortable. Kori also set up an apartment for me for this summer so I am happy that I can finally live alone.

I miss the team, but I won't admit that to anyone. Dick had offered for me to stay at Wayne manner, but I decided to get my own place. I didn't want to ask the Wayne's for anything else.

This summer all of the Titans have either gone home or gone off on a summer trip around the world with school. I decided I wanted a job instead.

I followed the women to the last door on the right. She opened the door and stood away, giving me room.

The room wasn't huge, but it was bigger than I thought it would be. It had a small desk that was already covered in paper work. There was a window pointing out to a beautiful city view. I sat on my chair and looked over the papers.

"Those must be completed before next Friday. You may ask me any questions you might have but there is instructions on the desk somewhere." The lady smiled.

"Thank you." I said in amazement.

"I know it is a lot of work, but the big man on top said you could handle it." She laughed.

"It's fine. I can get all of this done before the dead line." I assured her.

"Well, if you need help, I am here." She smiled. "And it is nice to have another women in the office with me."

"There are no other women?" I questioned.

"It's not that they don't like women here, but most the women can't handle the work." She shrugged. "But you seemed to be able to handle yourself."

"I have a question." I said just as she was about to leave. She turned and nodded to me. "Can I take my work home with me some nights?"

"Yes, but you can't go loosing these papers." The women smiled. "Also, my name is Nadia so if you need anything, call me."

"Thank you Nadia. And call me Rachel." I smiled.

"Have a nice first day." She sung as she left the room.

I sighed and looked down at my desk. The work seemed like it would be never ending, but this is what I wanted. I loved working on a lot of filing and things.

I searched through my desk to get familiarized with all of my things. Once I looked through all the drawers I looked on my desk for the instructions Nadia was talking about.

The job was simple enough. I had to go through each file and make a invoice or statement for customers. I learned the systems quickly and soon I got right into my work.

A few hours had passed as I worked through folder after folder. It was a longer process than I thought, but I had gotten through about ten when I heard a small knock at my door.

"How is it going Miss Roth?" Bruce Wayne stood before me. He looked a lot like Damian, but taller and not the same bright green eyes.

"Everything is going good." I smiled and stood up.

He motioned for me to sit and I did.

"How is the files going?" He came over and sat at the chairs at the other end of my desk.