Girls Gone Wild

Raven's POV

"Exit on the third floor. Take a left!" Kori's voice guided me on the intercom. I followed her directions and took a sharp left. I ran down the long hallway, the lights flickering as I went. "The door on your right!" 

I swung open the door and chased down the stairs as fast as I could. I could feel it though. This place was about to blow and I was still in it. I couldn't portal because I didn't have the strength, but I ran with all my might. 

I reached the first floor of the building, pushing the door open with all my strength. The light from outside blinded me for a few seconds, but I ran anyway. I got past a building and sunk into the alleyway.  

There was a loud explosion. 

I sank to the ground, keeping my back against the cold building. I took a few seconds to breathe and get my head on straight. 

"Rachel!" Kori's voice cried out in panic as she searched for me. "Rachel!" 

"I'm over here, Kori," I said weakly. 

She rushed over to me and helped me to my feet. I put my arms around her for support as the tall Tamaran helped me over to the Titan car. Once we got close enough to the car, I let her go and climbed into the passenger seat. 

"Kori, the next time you ask to have a girl time..." I turned to look at her as she started the car. "Remind me not to go." I sank into my seat and clutched my aching side. Even though it was already healing, I was so weak that it would take time for this bruise to heal. 

Kori chuckled and shook her head, as she started our drive home. 

 Kori had begged me yesterday to go for a girl's day out. She had in shopping and spas in mind, not almost dying. I had said yes on a whim. I really don't get to spend much time with other girls and honestly, I didn't have anything better to do. 

What started off with eating lunch on a nice pear, ended up being a chase down with some bad guys that robbed a bank. They ran from the bank to some wear-house, where we followed and caught them. Of course, they bombed the place and a few of them got away. 

"Dick will not be very pleased." Kori shook her head. "He had told me not to go on any calls today and enjoy the day with you." 

"Hey, we had fun." I smile. "You kicking that ogre of a guy's butt was pretty awesome." 

"And you are getting quite good at hand-to-hand combat, Raven." She smiled at me. "You are right, it was a pretty good day." 

"But next time we should stay in and do a movie night," I tell her, being completely serious. Today had been a close call and had drained me more than I cared to admit. 

"You are right." Kori gave a tired smile. "When we get home how about we watch movies. I can get the guys on patrol for the night." 

I forgot I was even on patrol tonight. 

"That would be great, but I might fall asleep during the movie." I chuckled. As I did that my side started to ache more so I grasped it with both hands. "And maybe some ice tonight?" 

"How bad was it?" She gave a concerned look. 

The ogre man had kicked me in the ribs and gave me a bad bruise. I am sure it is already purple by now. After the ogre did that, Kori came in like a badass and kicked his butt. 

"I'll be fine," I said, trying not to worry her. "All I need is rest." 

She nodded and pulled into the drive of the Titan Tower. She opened the garage door and parked the car. When the car had stopped, I slowly climbed out of the car, holding my side. I let my cap fall over me, hiding my arms.