Gotham Academy

@XoJulCox gave me this writing prompt so I want to give a huge shout-out! Also, Part two will be on its way soon!!!

*********

Raven's POV: 

"Raven, would you please give me a hand?" Kori asked from the kitchen. I stood up and walked to the cupboard she was working in. "Can you hand me the plates on the table?" 

Kori was getting ready for the new cycle of Titans to come into the tower. It was that time of year again when the titans switch out and we go to school. Bruce Wayne (AKA Batman) thinks that it is very important for all of us to get an education. 

Right now the tower looked brand new and like no one has ever lived it in. It was eerie to look at. I have already put all of my belongings into my pocket dimension, not wanting to take up space in the already cramped car we are taking to Gotham. 

Bruce Wayne has generously paid for all of us to go to Gotham Academy, a private school, so we might get a proper education. I hated it. 

"I know you don't like the idea of school, Raven, but I think you should cheer up a little. It won't be that bad. I went with Dick every year and I learn quite a bit." Kori tries to cheer me up. It doesn't work in the slightest. 

I mumble and give a soft grunt as I life the heavy plates over to Kori. I never understood why out plates were like cement tablets, but they were so heavy to life as a pile. Once I handed them over Kori easily placed them in the shelf and came down. 

"I know you're not looking forward to starting school this year, but please try at least. You are so smart and it would be a waste not to show it off." Kori put her hand on my shoulder. 

"Fine." I sigh. She was right. My father taught me much more than what humans know, so I have no problem becoming top of my class. 

"Now, please go and get the others, we are leaving." Kori took her hand off my shoulder and gave me an encouraging smile. 

Kori had it easy. While we are all off to school, she gets to have a job and live at her apartment. I wish that Bruce would see that I was far too good for school, so I could get a job as well. But that will be next year. I am a senior this year and don't have any plans to attend college. 

I left the kitchen, and rounded up all the others. It was only Gar, Jaime, Cassie and Donna. Once we were all piled into the car, I plugged in my music and drowned out the people around me. I might be going to school, but it doesn't mean that I have to like it. 

"I can't believe we are going to see Damian again!" Donna's voice broke through my music. I turned the volume down to hear what she was saying. "It's been only two weeks, but I have miss his crude comments." 

"I am sure that he has missed all of you." Kori said without turning her head. "But he had to go home for a reason, so don't be surprised if he is not in the best mood." 

"Why did he have to go home again?" Gar spoke up. 

"His older brother went on a rampage." Donna spoke up before anyone could answer. 

"No exactly. His older brother just had a break down and went missing. Damian and Dick went as a search party for their brother." Kori said in a kinder way. 

I huffed and turned the volume back up. Damian left in the middle of the night with no word of his departure. It stung, but I would never admit that to anyone. I drowned out everyone's words and closed my eyes. 

**Two Hours Later**

The car came to a stop before the large Wayne Manner, and everyone gasped at the size. Well except me, because I have been here before and it looked exactly the same to me.