Chapter 82 : Always

T R A V I S

Ito na ang araw na pinakahihintay ko. Pilit kong inaayos ang sarili ko habang hinihintay ang pagdating niya.

Isang linggo ko rin siyang hindi nakita, sumunod na lang kami sa pamahiin na lahat ng bawal gawin bago ang kasal, ginawa namin parehas, wala namang mawawala kung susunod kami dahil ayoko rin naman na maudlot na naman ito.

Ayokong sayangin ang pangalawang pagkakataon na ito.

Masaya akong makita ang lahat ng taong malalapit sa akin sa araw na ito. Magmula kay Mavis na naging flower girl namin, si Papa, si Nanay, si Tatay, si Laurenz, si Leah, si Leonard. . . ang dalawang kapatid ni Maxene, at ang mga magulang niya na ngayon ay naglalakad na magkasama-- teka, bakit hindi nila hinatid ang anak nila sa altar?

Hindi naman ito yung--

Tumugtog ang piano sa hindi ko inaasahang musika. Kasabay no'n, bumukas ang pintuan ng simbahan nang may hawak siyang mic na pinapalibutan ng Asul na rosas.

Everything fills in color while she takes her sweet time walking with grace on the aisle and starts singing the song From the Start (by Rachel Ann Go).

[Endless, we'll be together always
Promise that you'll always love me
That you'll hold me 'til eternity]

I'm overwhelmed by her presence as my mind fails to work with me finding the perfect adjective that I could describe her.

She is still the same person I fell hopelessly in love with, even after all these years have passed.

The way she looks at me made me remember how those eyes accepted me for what I am. She didn't change me, yet change is what I did to be worthy of her equal.

She's my everything. My future, my second chance in life, and the hope that fills me with light.

She's blooms in a garden filled with flowers who are looking at her way, she's beautiful no matter what she looks like. Yet, this image of her in her wedding dress, this is the best image I have of her that I will keep in my heart forever.

Now she's approaching my way, I couldn't stop my tears from falling hearing her sing like an angel in front of me.

My emotions were all over the place, scattered like the petals of the roses on the aisle seeing how miracles and wishes came to life right before my eyes.

[Say you'll keep me in your heart
Promise me, we'll never part
I can only love you so much more
Cause you are all I'm living for
And forever you'll be in my heart
The way I've always loved you from the start]

She wipes my tears away. I couldn't contain myself from melting in front of her. I kissed her hand seeing my reflection in her eyes.

She finished the song that I want to keep on loop.

This is the first time someone dedicated a song for me.

She just sang for me.

I love her so damn much, that my heart wants to burst from my chest. Kung pwede lang i-fast-forward ko ang kasal para mahalikan ko na siya agad, ginawa ko na. Pero ayokong madaliin ang seremonya dahil isa ito sa alaala na hinding hindi ko malilimutan.

We exchanged our vows like we're having a conversation in front of everyone as witness.

"Maybe fate has its way to bring me back to you, because fate knows that you're the only one for me."

"Once you find your soulmate, you'll never be the same again." She says smiling at me.

"One can't unlove someone, that the soul can't forget."