Chapter 26 : Our Song

T R A V I S

We're now in bed cuddling.

I miss this. She holds my hand as she puts her head on my chest.

Hindi ko siya matiis at hindi ko rin naman kaya na mawala siya sa tabi ko o sadyang ganito na ako ka-selfish pagdating sa kanya.

She kisses my hand and locks it with hers. I kissed her forehead.

"Saan ka natutulog noong mga araw na hindi ka nauwi dito?" She starts to asks questions.

Hindi ko mapigilan ang hindi mag-alala sa maaari niyang itanong sa akin. "Sa motel."

"May kasama ka bang iba?" Alam kong alam naman niya na wala, but her jealous face is warming my heart up.

"Wala. Ako lang mag-isa." I caressed her face and she pouted.

"Mamaya may kasama kang iba." Kunwaring pagtatampo niya.

I smiled, "Wala nga. Ikaw lang sa akin, sapat na."

"Nakakakain ka ba ng maayos?" She asked a question again.

"Sakto lang." Matipid kong sagot. She gave me that worried look again, "I miss you cooking for me though." I admitted.

"Then, I'll cook you something later." She smiles widely.

This smile of hers makes me feel like everything will be okay.

"Magpagaling ka muna." Saway ko sa kanya. "I wouldn't force you do the work today. Kagagaling mo lang sa sakit Maxene." I reminded her kissing her temple.

"I'm okay now, don't worry too much." She says and she's now reaching for my lips. Her lips missed me. She tries to deepen the kiss but I won't allow her force herself. Baka mabinat siya. "I just want to do everything for you." She uttered tracing my face.

That's my job.

"Lalo na at ilang araw din na wala ka sa tabi ko." Dagdag niya na dahilan kung bakit nakaramdam na naman ako ng kirot sa puso ko.

I caressed her face. "Magpagaling ka muna." Again I reminded her. "One session is enough." I tried to be as normal as I could be at natawa naman siya sa banat ko. I missed the sound of her laughter. I miss making her laugh.

She adjusted herself to be on top of me and she cups my face. "Huwag ka na muna siguro makipagkita sa mga kabanda mo Travis."

"Why would you say that?" What does she meant by that?

"They're not even your real friends, am I right?" She reads me like an open book. "For the past months, I noticed that you're not you whenever you're around them, para ngang napipilitan ka lang. Plus they seem to have the habit of triggering something in you that I don't know, but it just affects the person you are right now."

I fix her hair and tuck it behind her ear.

"I just--" She tries to look away finding the right words and she looks back at me, "I just want you here with me. Don't go back in the past, just stay here in the present, with me."

I kissed her and inhaled her scent.

"Magagawan ko naman ng paraan 'yon" I said, "But they need me."

"What for?" She asks, shaking her head, "You're not happy around them, right?" I couldn't say much so I smiled.

"You're right." I admitted, "But still they're the only friends I got." Sadness is visible in her eyes, "I only have them."

"But you have me." She said looking at me like a child, "At least with me, you're happy, right?"