RULES II | [manga character]

[MODERN AU!] porco galliard | fem!reader

     your world seem to froze as soon as the words left his mouth. mind blank and throat dry as a desert, you let the ringing silence speak for yourself. it was funny how the rev of his engine could be heard from miles away, but all you could note was how quiet it suddenly went in your perspective.

     the grip you had on his waist somewhat loosened and the warnings from your friends seemed to flash by like a momento. you felt your heart drop to the bottomless pit of your stomach, dread and many more emotions that you couldn't pinpoint eating you up. 

     one of them, however, was guilt and you knew that very well. you completely disregarded your friends' warnings just because porco showed you the slightest bit of kindness when most people are snakes, especially to the people they want to befriend with. you took their warnings with a grain of salt, but it turned out they were right. 

     you decided to believe someone you just met rather than your friends for years, and even if it was your kind personality doing their part, you couldn't help but feel restless.

     and now that you knew the truth, you had no idea what to do.

     will he hurt you just like your friends thought? 

     should you jump off and run away before he could do so?

     a quick scan of your surroundings told you that he wasn't taking you somewhere unfamiliar, and that eased a bit of your worry. 

     still... what were you gonna do now?

     "i can sense your mind full of questions," porco suddenly spoke up. his voice held no emotions as he continued, "geez, aren't you even listening to the gossip of your school? i'm practically the topic. not that i can blame them, i am handsome."

     the tug on the corner of your lips couldn't be stopped as soon as he said that, shaking your head to get rid of the amusement and laughter that threatened to burst out. it wasn't the right time, even if he tried to lighten up the sudden solemn mood. "i... i didn't really hear anything, actually." was your reply, a half lie and a half truth.

     he scoffed, "your friends didn't even tell you?"

     "i mean, they did but..." you lowered your voice, "i just didn't believe them because i thought they were lying. you seemed so nice... arrogant, sure, but i never thought you'd hurt a fly."

     "that's a first," the blond howled in the middle of the night, "someone thinks i can't hurt someone?"

     you no longer replied, deciding to drop the topic instead. although you were curious as to what have happened, you were more scared at the fact that he'd hurt you just like he said. 

     "don't worry," you heard him mumble, "i... i don't plan on hurting anyone ever again."

     he continued as you listen carefully, "if anything, i'd rather push that memory back down everyone's brains and start new. they don't know the whole story after all, but as long as you did something bad in the past, they'll never let you live it down."

     he's right.

     "don't you want the people in our school to know about it? i'm sure they'll change their mind if they know that you're not the same guy you were before..." you replied softly, peeking over his shoulder to look at his face. though, it was blocked by the helmet, you could see the way his honey-colored eyes gleamed under the stars as he thought about it.