THE BROTHER | j. kirchstein

[modern au!] jean | fem!springer!reader

requested

     the glass door of a busy restaurant slid open, filling the already noise-filled building with the sounds of the outside world. as soon as it was opened, it slid close after the person walked in. he gained the attention of mostly everyone inside, mostly of how attractive and mysterious-looking he was and the other part was how they were very familiar with him. brown eyes were usually warm and soft but the person's brown eyes were sharp and intense, looking around the building for the people he was supposed to meet up with.

     from the far end of the restaurant, a pale arm was waving for him to notice. his eyes widen a bit before smiling broadly and made his way to the group waiting for him, waving and chatting excitedly. glasses filled with juice were already placed in the table and three seats empty, one beside a shy blond and two beside sasha and mikasa. 

     "hey jean!" the same friend who waved to get his attention, armin, greeted him. "saved you a seat." he chirped, patting the chair beside him. jean smiled thankfully and slid in his seat, greeting the others who teased him for being late or just simply said their 'hello's'.

     across him was a brunett, chips of emerald ice staring back at him. jean turned away from the others and glared back at the person in front of him, uncomfortable at his intense stare. as he was about to open his mouth to speak, the brunett beat him to it.

     "thanks for being punctual." he, eren, complimented with a hint of sarcasm laced in his voice. "because of you, we have to wait for thirty minutes than the original time we're supposed to be here." the brunett added, clearly annoyed and already impatient.

     "w-well, connie is late too." armin interjected, smiling nervously to calm the two down before a fight ensue.

     "at least i got here, idiot." jean argued back.

       eren was about to add something sharp but one glare from his sister beside him made him bite his tongue and lean back, settling for crossing his arms while glaring at jean silently. jean rolled his eyes and decided to talk to the others, ignoring the stare of the dumbass in front of him.

     "ugh," sasha groaned, placing her head on the table in a depressing way. "i'm so hungry." she dragged out, cradling her stomach to empathize her hunger. beside her was historia, giggling at her friend before handing her a piece of candy. 

     "isn't connie bringing his sister?" reiner suddenly asked.

     annie, seating beside him, nodded. eren whipped his head to face the blond, shock swirling in his emerald eyes.

     "wow, he has a sister?" eren asked in wonder, clearly surprised at the information.

     the others looked at him as if he has three heads. silence followed his qiestion, a thick uncomfortable one, at that.

     historia noticed the glares and deadpan look they sent towards the emerald-eye male so she took it to herself to answer. "yep! he's always rambling on about his siblings, silly!"