CHAOS | [manga character]

[modern au!] niccolo | fem!reader

     "you want me to what?"

     it was a monday morning when you decided to go to niccolo's class for help before your first period starts, your eyes hopeful and sparkling as you silently pleaded for him to agree.

     "teach me how to cook," you repeated, lisp pursed to an exaggerated pout.

     the blond leaned against the doorframe of his classroom, scratching his head as he thought of your request. niccolo was one of your closest friends, and a great cook too, so asking him for something he was good at surely wouldn't be too bothersome.

     niccolo, on the other hand, couldn't exactly decline (even if he wanted to). how could he when you showed him your puppy eyes that he couldn't resist?

     he would take any chance to spend time with you. the only problem was that being alone with you always made him shy and nervous, though he wouldn't admit that. he was just glad that he was your first choice when it came to cooking, instead of jean who was also a good cook (but no one could compare to niccolo).

     "please? i'll pay you back, i swear!" you continued, your hands gripping his sleeve in desperation. you shake his arm, stepping closer to the blond until you could smell his pleasant cologne.

     niccolo looked away bashfully, cheeks cherry red at the sudden closeness, before slowly nodding. "o-okay, geez!" he pulled his arm away, hearing his heart thud against his chest in a fast pace. he swallowed a lump in his throat, "f-fine, i'll help you."

     grinning, you threw your arms around your friend and hugged him tight to show him your gratitude. the blond bit back a scream, his heart bursting into confetti just as you pulled away. he was sure that he was red as a tomato, with his face heating up like a kettle on top of a stove. he was caught off guard and all the blond could do was squeak quietly and look away.

     "thank you, niccolo! we can do it later after school if you're not busy?"

     he nodded slowly, eyes trained on the other wall as he answered shakily. "y-yeah, later is fine." he breathed out.

     smiling, you bid him with a goodbye and another thanks before walking away to head back to your class. your steps each had a skip on them, happiness bubbling out of you as you turned to a corner.

     you were unaware of the pair of eyes that followed your form, cheeks still red yet a soft smile adoring his face even when you had already disappeared.

     niccolo placed a hand on his chest, his hammering heart could be felt just at the end of his fingertips. "what am i going to do with you?" he asked to no one, voice barely a whisper and soft as a feather.

— ❂ —

     you found niccolo patiently waiting outside the school gates, both hands tucked inside his pockets while he watches the students leave the school premises with a distant look on his face.