SURPRISE II | l. ackerman

levi | fem!reader

warning:
manga spoilers

     your eyes wander over the stage where a shadow play by willy tybur was being held. marleyans, eldians, and people across the world were in liberio in the internment zone to watch the shadow play of their history and to gain the alliance from the different nations. why at the internment zone, you did not know but it didn't sit well with you. it felt like they planned something that would not end well. you could barely hear the play when the people around you would chatter and gossip, annoying you to no end.

     ignoring everyone, you focused on what story the male tybur was telling. all about ymir, the eldians, titans, and war against marleyans, basically the history that ruined the eldians' life.

     your skin crawled up when the man mentioned the paradis island, memories of your stay flashing through your mind; people you met, people you befriended, people you loved and betrayed. you looked down on your lap, gripping your pants as you bit your lip. it's been five years since you left that island and up until now, you couldn't forget the memories you had on that island.

      you didn't go with zeke and others with fighting the survey corps in wall maria, instead, you came back to marley. you couldn't face levi again, the guilt already ate you and clouded your mind. you were forced to give a report on your stay; what were the people like, how was their government and the soldiers in the survey corps. you didn't include your relationship with levi, knowing that they'd get mad and remove you from your position for even thinking about dilly-dallying while on a mission.

     "y/n, you okay?" you blinked back to reality and turned to your side, seeing a small brunette tug at your sleeve gently. you nodded after seconds of silence and smiled.

     her bright brown hues looked at your own e/c eyes before looking back at the stage, "is the paradis island really a land of the devils?" she questioned, eyes shining with innocence.

     you tensed up at her sudden question. "yes, gabi." you answered nervously, "they won't hesitate to kill any of their own kind if they don't get what they want."

     you avoided her eyes, looking at the stage with a sad smile. you didn't want to lie but you had no choice, if the higher-ups learned of your soft spot towards them then you'd be a mindless titan soon. to your right was colt, the eldest of the current warrior candidates with light hair, who patted your shoulder and flashed a sympathetic smile.

     "wow!" a dark-haired male beside gabi gaped, "so they really are devils!"

     "obviously, udo!"

     udo smiled and bumped gabi with his shoulder, "you ready to be a warrior?" gabi grinned and was about to answer when you and the others suddenly heard a loud deep roar just as the ground shook. the people nearby screamed in fear as the building near the stage fell down, the debris flying through the air and landing on the fleeing people which resulted in their death.

     you ignored the chaos happening around you, you had blocked the screams and figures bumping into you to run off. all your attention was now on the fifteen-meter titan you grew familiar with. another roar left his lips, his green eyes glinting under the moonlight when he saw willy tybur laying on the stage.