CRUSH | a. arlert

armin | fem!reader

     closing your eyes, you inhaled the earthy smell you always adore every single day. thankfully, the sun was shining up above and there were no puffy clouds in sight while you stare up ahead at the bright blue sky. you sat down on the green grass beside oluo, who seems to be sleeping or rather deep in thought. you leaned against the headquarter walls with your arms behind your head, sighing deeply as you relaxed.

     though you were under the broad scorching daylight, the wind that would often come and tickle your cheeks was enough to battle the heat and keep you cool and relaxed. the headquarters was surprisingly quiet and peaceful, with the birds singing a joyous song as they flutter about, while the trees and flowers dance along with the help of the wind.

     it wasn't often when a day in survey corps was normal and peaceful; no tasks, missions, meetings, or anything at all. everyone took this as a sign to sleep in late or spend their day doing their hobbies. it was once in a blue moon and they wanted to spend it doing something meaningful.

     after everything that happened in the past few days that was too much for everyone to comprehend, you all deserved a long break. even if it's just for a day.

     you almost forgot about the poor boy who was stuck doing stable duties due to captain levi's orders. you glanced back at eren who was sweeping the stable floors with determined teal eyes, not knowing that he was practically being ordered around just because he was new.

     "oi, do it faster, kid!" the silence you loved so much was sadly broken thanks to oluo's unnecessary orders. "even a guy with one arm can clean that stable alone in an hour!" he yelled again, glaring daggers at the young male.

     eren saluted at the higher-up, biting his lip from any complaints, and continued doing his job faster than he was doing it before.

     you watched the scene unfold before you and you shook your head in disappointment, "oluo, you gotta stop acting like levi. it's creepy. plus, it's a day off! give the guy a break."

     he clicked his tongue, turning his attention to you. "what's it to you? if i remember correctly, you should be following captain's orders too."

     you grinned and took this as an opportunity to tease him, "aw, you pay attention to lil' ol' me. i didn't know you had a crush on me!" you snorted, laughing. he faked gagged before scowling at you, brows furrowed in annoyance.

     god, he's copying levi again.

     he hissed, "i--" he yelped as he accidentally bit on his tongue, blood rushing down his mouth. you laughed loudly before turning to a sigh, shaking your head in disappointment as he attended to his wound.

     a group of recruits passed by, a tour led by another squad leader who waved at you two. you took a good look at the recruits who were enjoying the warm day as they look around their new headquarters, marveling at the old stone buildings.

     as you continued taking notice of their faces, you found yourself having accidental eye contact with one of them. as cheesy as it sounded, the world seemed to slow down for both of you and you swear to all gods out there that your heart flipped.