THERE FOR YOU | e. jaeger

[modern au!] eren | fem!reader

requested

you have someone that loves you, i'm waiting
and i'm patient, i'm deluded
honne ft. izzy bizu, someone that loves you

     y/n stepped inside her dark apartment, her muscles aching and her eyes drooping every step she takes. she was too tired to enter her bedroom so she settled in plopping down on her couch but soon flinched when pain shoot up in her abdomen.

     the h/c-haired let out a shaky sigh and fixed her position, laying on her back as she stared at the ceiling under the dark. even if she didn't get to check the time, she knew it was somewhere around two in the morning. that was the time she often gets home since three months ago, she got used to it.

     y/n blinked and the memories of those past nights came in a montage. suddenly, glittering tears were streaming down her cheeks. a painful sob escapes her lips and her heart came crashing down. all the pent up tears and pain, she let it flow freely. no one would know nor hear her cry her hearts out, as all of it would disappear in the calm ambiance of her apartment.

     "damn you, eren." she whispered, her voice breaking mid-way.

     how long has it been since she got a good night sleep?

     she's been tired lately and her thoughts had been running all day with overthinking being the number one reason. she has no one to blame but herself and her feelings overpowering her common sense. love was such a powerful thing and yet it was one of the reasons she was heartbroken.

     the man she loved, eren jaeger, was someone she couldn't have. he was her best friend, her family, her confidant. they've been together through thick and thin. they made each other happy and that was their promise to each other but the brown-haired male didn't know that he was slowly hurting her deep inside. 

     y/n always made sure to let him know that she'd be there for him no matter what. she always showed him kindness and love, even if she knew that he wouldn't return her hidden feelings. y/n knew that before he even began dating a girl but no matter what, she was always there to cheer him on and to comfort him through his relationship dramas.

     what she didn't exactly expect was that he'd abuse it so much.

     since three months ago, eren has been arguing with the girl he claims he love so much. y/n was there to be the shoulder to cry on but what she didn't exactly think that what would happen that night was something more.

     it was wrong to let it continue, she concluded, but eren needed her.

     she was there for him as a friend but how could she possibly not long for more? their kisses full of passion and lust, his touch filled with gentle and care, their breath mixed as one... it was the love she wanted from him. 

     even if the name escaping his lips wasn't hers, even if his mind was full of images that wasn't her, she loved him.

     "i hate this so much." she cried out, covering her eyes using her arm as she sobbed and the gentle ringing silence in the room slowly lulled her to sleep.