CAMPUS CRUSH | l. ackerman

[MODERN AU!] levi | fem!reader

     y/n l/n was known as the overly cocky and confident vice president of the student council. levi ackerman, the cold and emotionless campus crush.

     both of you studied at maria high and you both already knew of each other's presence.

     surprisingly, you two also liked each other without the latter knowing. how could they when nobody made a move?

    until now.

     "come on y/n, all you have to do is march over there and ask him out!" eren, your best friend, advised during lunch. you shook your head stubbornly, crossing your arms as you sighed for the umpteenth time. you, eren, armin, jean, and sasha were seated at the back of the cafeteria per armin's request to study for an upcoming test. their previous table was around noisy groups and armin wouldn't be able to focus on his studies. your other friends had important matters to do that they couldn't come for lunch, much to your dismay.

     "i said no, eren!" you exclaimed, glaring at the male who jumped at your sudden outburst. "i can't just go out there, ask him out casually, and then later on we're somehow a couple!" eren sighed and he nudged sasha, who peacefully ate her meal, for back up.

     "it's easy, y/n! you're the vice president after all, everyone adores you!" eren nodded at sasha's point while jean snickered. armin was too busy studying that he didn't notice his friends arguing... and to say the least, he could care less.

    "don't tell me you're scared?" you froze in your place, your once boring gaze becoming sharp in a second as you stared at your copper-haired friend. "the y/n l/n? the cocky and confident vice president of maria high's student council, afraid of getting rejected." jean teased, laughing afterward. sasha and eren stared at him in fear, as if he was asking for a death wish. armin hid his face behind his book upon hearing this, not wishing to be involved.

    everyone knew not to strike your nerve, and that was calling you a scaredy-cat.

    "why you little--" you breathe in deeply, trying to calm yourself before you could do anything rash. "fine, i'll show you how to properly ask someone out. we don't need a repeat of last time, after all." you stood up from your seat, snickering at jean before making your way towards levi ackerman's table.

     though he was famous for his good looks, no one bothered nor tried talking to him. his unwelcoming expression scared his potential suitors off and if one even tried talking to him, they'd only get a scowling levi. but that didn't stop you at all, this could be your chance and make him fall for you.

     you noted the three other people who sat beside him; mike zacharius, hange zoe, and erwin smith who was the president of the student council. they were all eating peacefully, talking here and there with levi only rolling his eyes and talking when he was addressed.

     the voices stopped as you stood beside their table with a sly smile, greeting them with a cheery 'hello'. levi tensed up once he heard you and he tried his best to avoid looking at you. who knew he could end up flustered just at the sight of the person he likes?

    "hello y/n," erwin greeted back at his co-officer, "have you prepared--" the blond blinked owlishly as soon as you put your hand up, ordering him to stop.