WOOING 101 | r. braun

reiner | fem!reader

     "you... what?" jean seemed confused at the man's request and it took him a while before he could finally comprehend what reiner was implying. "you're asking me how to flirt?!"

     the men in their shared barracks burst out laughing upon hearing this and reiner scowled at his copper-haired friend. "geez, you can't even keep your mouth shut, huh?" jean tensed up upon hearing the anger in his voice and he quickly laughed it off nervously in hopes of relieving the tension.

     "it's okay to ask for advice, reiner." armin chimed in as he sat down beside jean on the floor, "though, i'm not entirely sure why you, out of all people, would ask for advice on how to woo a girl." armin admitted, a sheepish smile on his face.

     "please do not say woo. ever."

     eren sighed in frustration as he popped out of nowhere, "you're like the strongest out of us and some girls like muscly strong men, how can this girl not like you for your looks?" connie, who was beside eren, nodded in agreement.

     "uh, reiner's asking me. stop appearing out of nowhere!" jean yelled at the two, already agitated with the boys cutting him off.

     "speaking of, who's the girl?" marco questioned from his bed, placing the book he was reading beside him to listen in.

     reiner smiled softly as he recalled the first time he and the girl of his dreams met. 

     you were seating alone during dinner on the first day of cadet corps training, eating your food while you were focused on reading a book. you didn't even notice a blond sitting across you, waving a hand in front of your face to catch your attention. though you were quiet and shy at first, once you befriended almost everyone, you were the biggest crackhead yet sweetest person they have met (second to krista, of course).

     "wait, it's y/n, isn't it?" this snapped reiner out of his little dreamland and he cleared his throat, looking at his lap with a faint blush spreading across his cheeks before nodding.

     "ha! i called it!" connie exclaimed with a huge grin on his face. "now sasha has to give me her lunch for a week." the blond only rolled his eyes at the bet the two made, crossing his arms as he sighed.

     "yeah now that you know, can you guys help me?" reiner asked, staring at the men with pleading eyes. they looked at each other, unsure for a moment before nodding their head.

     "well, braun, you came to the right person on asking advice on how to get a girl." jean proudly smirked, leaning close to him with his arms closed.

     "didn't mikasa punch you when you asked her out?"

     "to get her attention and other suitors to back off, you need to be the alpha." eren informed the blond who took quick notes in his notebook. the others decided to sit down on the wooden floor in a circle, listening to one's advice and helping reiner 'woo' y/n, as armin have said earlier.

     they took it more seriously than reiner thought they would. what a group of friends, right?

     "alpha? we're not a wolf pack, eren. i don't think that'll work--"