ORDER | l. ackerman

levi | fem!reader

     "hey, we're back!"

     carrying a heavy wooden crate in both of your hands, you shut the cottage door after levi went inside. you placed the crate beside the door, standing up straight before wiping the sweat that formed on your forehead.

     you released a deep sigh, stretching your sore limbs before following levi where your new comrades now reside, arguing with one another after levi spotted a speckle of dust in their new simple headquarters.

     you chuckled as levi scowled at them, giving them another punishment for the third time that morning. he clicked his tongue before leaving the building, his face unreadable as he passed you. his eyes showed various emotions despite looking head-on with sharp cold eyes, the normal look he would wear daily.

     as someone who worked with him for years, you knew better, though.

     you were about to follow him and comfort the said man when you hear eren and jean arguing again. having enough of their repeating nonsense, you spun around and placed your hands on your hips, clearing your throat.

     "captain levi gave you orders so stop your childish fights and get to it!" they quickly apologized after hearing your icy tone, afraid of pissing you off. getting back to cleaning, jean and eren continued to glare at each other while the others deadpanned and did their task.

     you sighed, pinching the bridge of your nose before turning to mikasa, who stood tall and ready. "punch them for me if they decided to throw a fit again. and sasha, i swear to god, stop stealing food or you're not getting dinner for a whole week."

     mikasa nodded before turning back to her work while sasha looked frightened at your threat, she was almost teary-eyed too. you smiled before stepping out of the cabin, only to find the raven-haired captain sitting by the steps and looking down with calculating eyes.

     he had his hands clasped together, eyes trained on the ground. if he kept it up, the ground might melt anytime soon under his gaze. you looked around you and noted how noisy it currently was. the place was fairly busy with the move, a few fellow soldiers carrying and transporting materials inside and outside.

     you sighed to yourself, turning your attention back to levi. this was the first time you see him quiet and deep in thought when he'd usually complain at something so little.

     perhaps it was because of the recent expedition or the fact that your commander was about to be killed.

     the images of your fallen comrades, no, your fellow squadmates, flashed through your mind; bodies bent in unimaginable ways with blood trickling down their face.

     you took a deep breath and sat down behind him, your eyes lost and sad as grief and regret finally sink in after days of telling yourself you'd be fine.

     your fellow squad members who you grew accustomed to are gone and here you are, alive and well. it was unfair.

     if only you were able to stop the female titan in time, maybe they would still be here; cracking jokes and teasing one another. how you miss eld's sassy remarks, oluo's impression of levi, gunther's corny jokes, and petra gushing over the captain.

     however, there was no time to mourn and cry for your friends. they died a heroic death, after all, you had to retake wall maria to prove their death is not in vain. if only moving on is as easy as using an odm, you thought.

     you frowned at the captain, he was unresponsive as you softly called him. you knew he was suffering more than you, probably blaming himself over your friends' death, he lost more than you did. if only you both could turn back time and save them.

     "levi," you called out once more, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. he tensed up under your touch before letting his body go lax once he realized it was only you.

     "it's not your fault, captain. they're happy now. they died serving humanity." you attempted to console him but he only shook his head at you, brows furrowed together.

     "cut the crap, y/n. you know i could've done something. and you know you could've too."

     you bit your lip and sighed, sliding down to sit beside him as you looked down at the ground. "they wouldn't want us moping around." he only nodded and you smiled, leaning back to look at the clear sky. "and now, we have a new squad. i'm sure they'll be great. i mean, they're already comfortable with arguing 24/7."

     levi smiled a bit and you were shocked, to say the least. this was the first time you saw him look relieved and calm, it was beautiful. your stomach felt warm and fuzzy, heart fluttering at the sight when his smile didn't falter when he turned to look at you with glittering eyes.

     "just promise me one thing," he mumbled softly, taking your hands in his like a delicate flower and intertwining your fingers together. "don't leave me, you're all i have left. that's an order."

     is it possible to fall in love deeper?

     you laughed quietly, quite taken back, your cheeks flushing as you awkwardly slung an arm around his frame. "don't worry, captain. i tend to follow orders through and through."

     he clicked his tongue but didn't complain furthermore, only relaxing more in your touch.

     you so badly want to capture this very moment and now you're more determined to follow his orders, no matter what.