US | e. jaeger

eren | fem!reader

requested

warning:
manga spoilers

     the salty sea breeze filled your senses as the boat you rid on slowly made its way to marley. your friends were walking about the boat, excitedly chattering about what would greet them when they set foot to the enemy's island. you played with your hat absentmindedly, anxiety holding your brain hostage. there were many scenarios filling up your mind, scenarios like someone finding out that you and your friends resides in the paradis island and the warriors coming to get your heads.

     even if miss kiyomi had offered  to come with and give you security, with onyankopon as your guide, you still feel a bit uneasy in a place you were not familiar with.

     you leaned against the railing of the boat and sighed, closing your eyes as you listened to the gentle lullaby of the waves crashing by. "hey," you blinked your eyes opened and saw a familiar emerald-eyed male beside you. "are you okay? you seem worried." he asked, his arms being supported by the rail as he leaned in as well.

     your heart tingled at the tone of concern but smiled and shook your head, "no, just thinking." you admitted.

     "like what?"

     you pondered for a bit, "we're setting foot in enemy's territory, so..."

     eren's form seemed to tense up after that and the little warmth in his eyes seemed to dissolve, "right..." he muttered, adverting his gaze down to the waters.

     a frown replaced your small smile and you placed a comforting hand on his arm, "what about you? are you okay?"

     "...yeah, just tired."

     despite knowing that he was far from okay, you nodded and let it be. you love the male and trust him like he trusts you; he'll tell you in time what his problem is. you just hope that he won't burden himself with it. you sighed and shake your head, your emotions and feelings getting the better of you yet again.

     soon enough, the boat stopped at the dock of the marley nation and everyone climbed out. miss kiyomi had given all of you some pocket money and had told you to look around before the hearing about the eldians from paradis starts. just from the cheers of sasha and connie, you knew it was going to be a long day.

     and it definitely was a long day.

     the two best friends had attracted a lot of stares and attention from the others, something that you and the others weren't fine with it. they were like children in christmas, hard to control and buzzing with energy.

     you followed the group to another food stall while your eyes looked around the unfamiliar city in awe. it felt so different from paradis, from its advanced technology and more. it made you feel a bit overwhelmed, too, but the place was beautiful in its own way.

     somehow, you managed to bump into a stranger while walking. you tensed up, looked down, and mumbled a quick apology before trying to walk away. however, the same man quickly reached out for your hand before you could get too far.

     "woah, don't leave me yet, miss," the deep voice chirped out, "why don't we head over to mine? you look pretty lonely, after all. think of it as an apology for bumping into your pretty body, too."