SERENDIPITY | z. jaeger

[modern au!] zeke | gender-neutral!reader

requested

     entering eren's home, you immediately fell on top of his couch and closed your drooping eyes. the brown-haired male scrunched up his face upon seeing you and poked your stomach, "get change, y/n, you stink." 

     you ignored your best friend and flipped him off, your legs aching from your track and field practice earlier. your white shirt was sticking to your skin and your hair was drenched in sweat. the cold air of eren's air conditioning cooled you a bit but the male had started barking your ears off about how you'd get sick if you didn't immediately changed.

     "i won't let you play mario kart unless you change!"

     that seemed to catch your attention because you were already up and about with your bag in hand. once you had your clothes in your arms, you turned to eren with a tired smile. "hey, is it okay if i take a quick shower?"

     eren looked up from setting up the game console before nodding. "sure, but the bathroom is at my brother's room, if that's okay?"

     you arched a brow, "well, is he here?"

     "nah, college's keeping him busy. he'll probably come home around ten in the evening."

     nodding, you grabbed the towel that eren offered and smiled. "right, lead the way and it'll be over quickly."

     you stood in the middle of the shower, relishing in the coldness of the water droplets as it cooled you down. your legs had stopped aching and you felt fresher than ever. you were probably taking a shower for ten minutes or so, clearly not just a 'quick shower'. you wonder why eren hasn't called for you since then, but you decided to wave it off and step out of the shower to wipe yourself up.

     wrapping the towel around your body, you whistled as you grabbed your clothes from the sink. you were too preoccupied with dancing in front of the mirror that you didn't notice the door slowly open.

     so when a face suddenly appeared in the mirror, you were scared out of your mind.

     you didn't get to scream or throw anything at the blond male by the door, you just turned to face him, still frozen in your spot with your hands tightly gripping the towel in hopes of protecting yourself. your eyes were wide and mouth agape while the blond had his hand on the doorknob, staring at you with his eyes hidden by the glint of his glasses. 

     "oh," he was the first one to break out of the trance, "sorry, didn't know there was someone in here."

     you blinked out of the state of your shock, your heart pounding loud with your blood rushing to your head. "jesus fuck, didn't i lock the door?!" you asked yourself quietly, slapping your face as you gritted your teeth. you looked at the mirror and noticed the redness of your cheeks before growling at yourself for your carelessness. that man must've been eren's older brother, the sophomore. it was embarrassing enough to be seen naked, and by a college student no less.

     taking a deep breath, you quickly got into your clothes and prayed that the blond was not waiting outside because you weren't ready to face him yet. luckily, the room outside was empty making you sigh in relief. in a hurry, you left the room in hopes of not bumping into the blond once more.