SOCCER | m. ackerman

[MODERN AU!] mikasa | gender-neutral!reader

     there's something exciting and alluring about the fact that it's not appropriate.  it's the thrill and adrenaline that keeps your heart pumping, longing glances that are far too long to even be called as 'accidental', and bright smiles with deep meaning.

     it's the fact that if caught, there would be consequences. yet it never stopped the both of you from showing how you feel about one another secretly, that longing need burning in each glance and wink every single day.

     you never act out on your desires, even if both of you seemed to be on the same page and want the same damn thing to happen.

      "come on, gabi! you're going to be late to your soccer practice!" you yelled through the living room, eyebrows furrowed as you fix your appearance in the mirror with haste.

      "late?! if we go there now, we'd arrive thirty minutes early!" your daughter yelled back, footsteps echoing in the small house before stopping at the foot to give you a glare. "we've been going to soccer practice very early! the other kids are wondering why. don't you have work to do?"

     you scoffed and shook your head in disappointment, turning to gabi. "gab, we're going there early because i said so. and you're not allowed to nag on me as if you're my mom."

     "well someone has to." she huffed, "can we just wait for a few minutes, please? i'm still finishing an episode!"

      sighing in defeat, you gave your daughter a smile. "fine, only a few minutes. after that, get dressed up."

     the brown-haired girl cheered and hugged you tightly, heading upstairs and to her room. you turned to the mirror, admiring yourself confidently with a small smile. "let's hope i can keep this look up until later." you mumbled to yourself, fixing your clothes and removing any lint as you licked your lips.

     after all, you wouldn't pass up the opportunity to dress up for someone you've had your eyes on for a long time.

     a few hours later, you and gabi managed to get to her soccer practice just in time. her few minutes of episodes turned to a lot that both of you lost track of time. luckily, you were a very skilled driver.

     it was the weekend. saturday, to be exact. usually you and gabi don't have any plans but stay in and watch movies. however, soccer practices were called during weekends last week as her upcoming game was close and her coach needed everyone to be in tip top shape.

     although it did ruin your small freedom from work, you weren't going to complain.

     "goodluck and kick some butt out there, hun." you ruffled gabi's hair and watched as she head towards the soccer field of her school, greeting her other friends with hugs and high-fives.

     you scaled the bleachers and watched as the other kids start their training or chatter, eyes furrowed and skimming the field as if you were looking for someone discreetly.

     "hey, looking for me?" an arm snaked around your waist, lower than you had anticipated to the point that it was caressing your ass, before hearing a sweet yet devilish voice breathe into your ear.