DATING APPS | ymir

[MODERN AU!] ymir | gender-neutral!reader

     "ugh!" you groaned in annoyance and tossed your phone towards your bed, heart leaping out of your chest when it almost fell onto the floor as it bounced. "that was a fail. i'm deleting all of the dating apps on my phone."

     plopping down on the bed after grabbing your phone, you sighed in frustration and laid on the mattress, legs tangled between the pillows and blankets.

     "let me guess, the guy you were talking to sent a dick pic within three minutes of the conversation?"

     ymir looked up from her spot on your desk, using your computer to play games in different websites while you've been scrolling for hours in your phone. she turned to face you, a shitty grin on her face, an arm around the chair smugly.

     "correction, it's two minutes in." you replied, not proud due to the obvious frown in your face.

     "men suck," the brunette shrugged, "that's why i'm a lesbian."

     "i just want to find a nice guy." you whined, trashing about on your bed. you paused before letting out a sigh, turning to your friend. "sorry, didn't mean to invite you to hang out only to complain about boys."

     "it's alright, i barely care about them anyway." ymir snorted, clicking away on your computer with a hum. "it's you i care about. you're lucky i have a very good senses about men, and they're all usually correct."

     you arched an eyebrow, urging her to continue with your silence.

     ymir looked away from the screen, standing up to take a seat beside you by the bed. "they'll all send dick pics in the end." the way she said it so seriously made you laugh out loud, because she was absolutely correct.

     "yeah, it's sad." you mumbled, "i don't even like dating apps. i just want to look for someone, it's been a while since i dated."

     "and you thought you could find your prince charming in an app?" ymir nudged you to move a bit, giving her the side of your bed to lay on. "you're better than that, y/n."

     "i know, i know." frowning, you stared at the ceiling and let out a deep sigh. "it's just, i don't want to wait around longer. all of our friends are somehow seeing someone. maybe even you, i bet you're talking to another girl, you player." you joked and gave ymir a gentle punch on the shoulder, smiling as you heard her snort and laugh.

     "nah, i'm looking at the right one." she whispered.

     "some of the people i met are nice, but we just don't click, you know?" you ranted, a frown etching on your lips before tracing shapes on the ceiling mindlessly. "they're either really weird or just want a hook-up. i don't want that! i want something long term, something that can give my stomach butterflies even after months or years."

     the brunette beside you listened, chin over her knees while looking at you with softness in her eyes. she hummed every so often to let you know that she was listening to your rants despite her lack of care towards men.