PARADISE | aot x tpn

[the promised neverland au!]

     the morning rays peaked through the windows, tickling each children's cheeks and eyes. one by one, they woke up from their deep slumber, stretching and yawning as they hurriedly get up.

     the children woke each other up, taking a quick bath and changing into their innocent white uniform afterwards. they excitedly fixed their beds, chattering to one another before leaving their rooms to rush towards the dining hall.

     "good morning, eren!" a five-year-old mina greeted the brown-haired child with a big grin, her black pigtails moving left and right as she tackled the child.

     eren, who was still sleepy and tired, rubbed his eyes before smiling energetically at the child before him. he patted her head softly, greeting her with the same energy, and carried her in his arms before walking towards the busy dining hall.

     he placed the girl on the floor as soon as they entered, greeting the other children happily. two of the six-year-olds purposely bumped into him, making the boy stumble. he turned around and glared at the two, earning a teasing laugh from them.

     "i'm gonna eat you!" he roared, chomping down on air using his arms. the two children, connie and sasha, screamed before running away from the brown-haired child.

     two of the eldest entered the dining hall, a blond pushing a cart full of plates and utensils while an ebony-haired was holding a steaming pot of soup. the two noticed eren playing with the children and smiled.

     "good morning, eren." mikasa, the ebony-haired greeted with a plain yet grateful tone.

     "good morning, eren!" the blond, armin, said with energy, a contrast to mikasa's good morning.

     "hey, you two!"

     the children rushed to fix the tables, the room getting louder and louder as the children's laughter and chatter mix with the sound of plates clanging.

     eren watched the two kids run towards their seat after their little time with messing the brown-haired kid. he was about to follow them but he was soon stopped when he felt a presence beside him.

     "you're already eleven, eren," mikasa mumbled near him after placing the pot on the table, "and yet you act like five."

     the said boy rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "oh shush, i'm not!"

     suddenly, a soft pair of footsteps caught his attention and he immediately turned towards the door, ready to hug the woman who was about to come in.

     "mama, good morning!" eren greeted the ravenette by shoving his face on her tummy, snuggling and latching on to her warmth. emerald eyes met with sparkling violet eyes, causing the boy to break out in a huge grin.

     "good morning, eren." the woman hummed out, wrapping her arms around his small body. she stood up and ruffled his hair before moving to the side where a ten-year-old blonde was quietly hiding behind their mother.