SURPRISE III | l. ackerman

levi | fem!reader

warning:
manga spoilers, violence

     the room was quiet and tense once the name left levi's lips. everyone except for some was frozen and surprised. they never guessed that they'd meet the person that played with their trusts and feelings once again. it's been five years and yet the soldiers from the survey corps couldn't forget the face of a traitor. especially, levi. he was quiet afterward, eyes hard and squinting as he looked and stared at your face for a long time that it made you self-conscious and shy.

     not wanting to show any weaknesses, you hardened your stare and tried to hide the shock and fear in your e/c eyes as you glare daggers at them. zeke was watching from the corner, hands tied behind his back with an amused smile. levi's and hange's appearance didn't change one bit, though they looked more stressed and tired than the last time you saw them. erwin wasn't around and you guessed what could've possibly happened to the blond commander. sitting across them was apparently eren, his brown locks now a messy long hair with matching stubble on his chin that gave him a dangerous vibe. a white bandage was wrapped around his left eye but even you could see that his emerald eyes no longer held the determined glint in them, it looked so lifeless and soulless.

     "well, wow." hange mused after minutes of silence, adjusting their glasses as they looked at you up and down. "guess we caught the mouse, huh?" they elbowed levi, who only grunted and didn't stop his glaring at you. you shuddered and looked down, feeling a little embarrassed for being so exposed to the point that you felt naked in front of the two superiors.

     even then, you couldn't help but wonder why zeke was there, treating him like some kind of a special guest. swallowing your fear and pride, you decided to ask. it was possible that he got captured, too, but he would've done something by now and the survey corps wasn't stupid enough to just tie his hands as a way of restraining him.

     "w-why are you here, zeke?" you asked quietly, avoiding the eyes of the others whilst staring at the warrior chief with confusion. he only chuckled and shook his head, as if dismissing your question that seemed so silly.

     "nothing important, y/n." he replied mockingly, "though, the most pressing matter at hand, for now, is you. how come you never told us of your relationship, hm? even reiner and bertholdt didn't mention anything. i'd understand if it was only an act of getting their trust but--"

     "that's none of your business." levi answered plainly, standing up straight before walking over you. your eyes widened and you gulped down your saliva, throat dry and heart picking up its speed as he stood too close for your liking.

     "i'd like to talk to l/n alone." he ordered, eyes glaring to the other occupants of the room. he held on to your shoulder tightly causing you to wince at the painful grip. one by one, they all left. including zeke who was escorted out by hange.

     now only you and levi were standing in the middle, quiet and expecting someone to say a word.

     you didn't like the awkward atmosphere one bit. you opened your mouth to talk but instead of a distinguishable word that left your lips, it was an incoherent mumble of cursing as pain suddenly surged through your shin and knees.

TITANS. aotजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें