TAKE ME AWAY | r. braun

[MAFIA AU!] reiner | fem!reader

     you focus your attention outside the window, finding amusement in the passing tall buildings that towered over the luxurious car. beside you was your father, taking a heavy puff of the cigarette he had on his lips. you scrunched up your nose, clicking your tongue when you smelled the familiar burn of chemicals filling up the vehicle.

     he can't even wait to do it outside.

     you opened up the window to remove the ugly smell of the cigarette and to get the fresh air in, you start to feel suffocated being inside with him. you could feel your father's glare through the back of your head as you continued looking outside, eyeing the passerby with curious glances.

     the air was heavy, tension and anger clouding the atmosphere. even the driver could tell something shitty had happened between you and your father. though you tried your best to stay calm, every little movement your father made irked you. you desperately wanted to leave the car and go on a walk but you had no idea how you could stop the vehicle without your father interfering.

     everyone would've thought that being the daughter of one of the richest ceo in germany had its perks. you'd agree too, if only he respected your wishes and wasn't involved in anything illegal. rich people could get away so easily and no matter how hard you tried to tell him to stop, he didn't listen and you stopped trying as every convincing and persuading ended up with a full-on fight. ever since then, you stopped acknowledging his presence inside the mansion you call your home.

     of course, everything would still be peaceful if your father hadn't set you up in an arranged marriage. his reason was a bunch of bullshit and deceits, you knew he just wanted more money and connections to keep his business booming. he couldn't even keep his daughter out of it.

     "y/n, sit up straight." you didn't notice you were slouching until you heard your father's booming voice. you sighed and did so gloomily, just so you can't hear him lecture you again and again.

     the ringing silence that followed after was deafening but at least it was better than having to talk to your father. the journey to the man you were supposed to marry was long and boring and you couldn't wait for it to be over.

      "wait." your father bellowed, eyes narrowed as he looked through the window. you did so too with furrowed brows; you were out of town and somewhere you weren't familiar with. there were no cars or people around and the air suddenly felt cold. the window suddenly slid up and you glanced at the driver who seemed to ignore you and your father. you felt the car speed up and so did your heart, it didn't help that your father's tone was cautious and hinted danger. "who are you?! stop the car this instant!" he suddenly grabbed a gun from his coat, pointing the gun at the driver's head.

     a scream bubbled up to your lips at the sight, your father's arms shaking as he pressed the gun closer. you could see the driver's smirk from the mirror and despite half of his face being covered by a hat, it was a smile that sent shivers down your spine.

     "stop the fucking car or i'll blow--" you didn't hear the rest of your father's words when the man drove the car straight into a building. you hit your head against the window and felt the stinging pain afterward, you tried to call out for help or scream but your vision was already dotting in black.