F O R T Y - E I G H T

Hello Everyone.
I know my absence is not justified another time but the kind of disturbance going in my life, it's making me hard to put concentrance anywhere. The writing seemed hard I am still struggling to get back to normal. I know this behaviour of mine is completely unacceptable but I will try to come out from it soon.

I hope you all may stay with me in every thick and thin like you does till now.
Thank you for your patience and love.

Enjoy reading.
Regards
Aarohi ❤️

Raman and Ishita entered inside the Deluxe Suite of Fortis Hospital without making noise. It was two of the morning when they returned back to their apartment from their home after collecting all the necessary belongings which they may need for the next few days. Ishita looked at her father in law who was awake for her surprise and looking at her with concerned eyes. They were upset after receiving a call from Raman, Dr Gaurav was a sole ray of hope for them but now everything appears gloomy to Ishita. Her eyes met with her mother in law who was sitting next to their daughter, the old lady looked pale and tensed but Ishita had nothing to console her today. She chose to remain silent rather than exchanging a few words with her and walked towards the walk-in closet to keep the bag of clothes. With slow steps, Ishita sat at the foot of the bed where Roohi was fast asleep and remain looking at her. Ishita state wasn't good as far but she was trying her best to keep herself gathered and composed for the sake of her little daughter only. Ishita drew the blanket and covered her daughter properly, she kept the cushions around her and kissed her forehead softly as possible.

"Maa Papa aaiye, main aap dono ko drop kar aata hoon." (Maa Papa let's go to home. You guys must be exhausted.) Raman cleared his throat to gain everyone attention.

"Nahi beta hum rukte hai yahi. Tum dono akele kaise karoge." (No dear, we will stay up with you and Ishita. How will you manage everything alone?) Santhosh spoke out of concern, she rubbed Raman shoulder understanding well what is running inside her son head.

"Nahi Maa. Hum kar lenge manage, aur phir itna stress theek nahi hai aap dono ke liye. Isliye aap log rest kariye, kal aa jaaiyega." (No Maa. We shall manage, it's not appropriate for you and Papa to take stress. Come, I will drop you at home. You can visit her tomorrow as well.) Raman tried to make his mother understand and looked at his father with pleading eyes hoping if he can help him at least.

"Haan Toshi Ji, Raman theek keh raha hai. Aaiye hum ghar chalte hai, kal waapis aa jaayenge." (I guess Raman is right. We shall leave back to home otherwise Roohi might get suspicious.) Santhosh agreed silently and pressed Ishita shoulder before moving out from the suite. "Raman, tu mat chal. Satheesh hai na, woh hume drop kar dega. Tu yahi ruk jaa Ishita aur Roohi ke saath." (And Raman you stay here along Ishita and Roohi. Satheesh will drop us.) Raman hugged his father and mother and walked along with them till the elevator of the floor. He called his driver and asked him to drop his parents back to his apartment safely. With an occupied mind as Raman entered back inside the suite, he found Ishita arranging Roohi's favourite soft toys Mintu and Pintu next to her pillow. Ishita also packed Roohi's soft pillow and quilt which she uses at home and replaced the quilt with one hospital staff had allotted them.

"Roohi shouldn't feel sad here, I will try to keep her happy." Ishita spoke in a whisper like voice sensing her husband presence behind. She inspected her work closely in the dimmed lights of the suite, ensuring if things turned exact in the way she imagined and a faint smile lingered on her lips. She is ready to do anything which may bring smile on her daughter face. Ishita sat next to Roohi and started to pat her head as the jis started to stir.