T H I R T Y

TWO HOURS LATER

When Raman Ishita entered inside Mukharjee's apartment they didn't knew how they should behave infront of Mrs Mukharjee, they seated quietly but there was restless silence shown in their body language, depicting their discomfort. Ishita stole few glances of Mrs Mukharjee who was arranging different edibles in the rolling snacks tray and their was no sign of Mr Mukharjee as well as Roohi. Ishita nervously started to tap her foot on carpeted floor looking at her husband through corner of her eyes and rest of time noticing the tapping of her foot. Raman's condition was no better, there was numerous emotions erupting in our of his stomach just thinking about the conversation they're going to have with Mrs Mukharjee. Raman Bhalla never liked anyone interfering in his personal life, not even his mother and he does not know if he is ready to open his personal life infront of Mrs Mukharjee whom he respects just like his own mother. The nervousness started to make him more restless and he never realised when he started to bite his nails.

"Raman stop biting your nails." Raman jumped on his seat listening light scolding from Mrs. Mukharjee and passed an apologetic smile to her. "Have water Ishita Raman." Mrs Mukharjee continued clearing her throat. The brown envolope which was in her hands previously she kept on coffee table and took a seat on single seater sofa.

"Where is uncle? I haven't met him from last couple of weeks." Raman asked gulping cold water in a single go.

"He got call from beurocracy so he went there. Anways Raman Ishita few weeks back I received this envolope and I don't know what to do with it." Mrs Mukharjee further continued pointing towards an envolope placed in middle of coffee table.

"What is this envolope aunty?" Ishita asked meekly looking at the envolope from farsight.

"It came from family court, they have asked us to give detailed report about your behaviour with each other and Roohi. On the basis of this report the court will take decision on your divorce as well as on custody battle." All the colors from Raman Ishita face drained out as the new truth unfolded infront of them. Their eyes turned wide with surprise and confusion wondering how the old lady came to know about their divorce case.

"How...how do you came to know about it aunty?" Ishita asked while stammering.

"The judge of your case, Ms Neelima tyagi came for random visit one fine afternoon but since your apartment was locked she came at our place and had brief chit chat with me and Aurbindo and that's how we came to know everything about you. Although the report thing and her visit was supposed to keep confidential but according to the ongoing situations, I felt like to share this with you.
Ishita Raman I am really trying to fill this report from last few days but I'm not getting what to do."

"Aunty I know whatever I did was wrong, I shouldn't have slapped Roohi but I was enraged that time. But don't don't take any random step please. She is so small, what if they send her in orphanage and something happened with her? She is safe with us." The sweat beads covered Ishita's forehead recalling the cases of sexual harassments in government NGO's which compelled her to take a step against her own will.

"But is she safe with you?" Mrs Shobhna next question put the couple in confusion. "Wait let me rephrase my question, is she emotionally safe with you?" Ishita Raman looked at Mrs Mukharjee and than looked at each other with blank eyes. "Indeed you provided her every comfort, a room to sleep, clothes to wear, a nanny to take care but I never found the smile on her face which she deserves Raman Ishita. Why it happens?"

"Does she said these things to you?" Raman whispered with surprise looking at Shobhna.

"No, she asked me once if her parents loves her." Shobhna sighted in dejected voice and her disappointed face was enough to convoy thousand of emotions altogether.